Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indoor cages

Wise Old Thumper

Default Indoor cages

Anyone know where sells indoor cages that mean minimum requirements please? Not for me.
    I am doing various events throughout 2015 to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society.
    You can sponsor me on the link below:

http://www.justgiving.com/owner-emai.../Angela-Weeks3

Thanks

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Angie65 View Post
    Anyone know where sells indoor cages that mean minimum requirements please? Not for me.

I am assuming it's for a Rabbit ?

If so, what about a Dog Crate. I dont think any of the Indoor Rabbit Cages offer adequate space. At least with a Dog Crate additional levels could be added.

What's the set-up? Monty free ranges the whole flat, so although his bog-standard P@H hutch doesn't technically meet the min. recs., it's spacious enough to accommodate what he needs it for - so if there's plenty of space outside the hutch, I would think a good sized one from any of the established retailers would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie65 View Post

I've looked into this when rehoming rabbits. Very difficult to find anything where a rabbit can hop along inside the cage. A dog crate doesn't allow for this, and possibly wouldn't pass a home visit requirements.

A custom made 'pen' or a well made hutch of the required size?

We bought two XL dog crates and attached them together. We also have a puppy pen attached. I couldn't find a cage big enough so we made our own.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I know zooplus sell the plaza 160 which I think you can add to. I would use something as a base and have puppy panels though. MUCH cheaper and roomier. Also the 160 would not be suitable for them to be shut in (as I am sure you know).

Mama Doe

Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    We bought two XL dog crates and attached them together. We also have a puppy pen attached. I couldn't find a cage big enough so we made our own.

I would go down this route as a cheap, safe and practical solution. It would give around 8-10' x 3', plus there is plenty of height to put a substantial shelf / platform across the rear half of each crate, plus additional floor space with a set of puppy panels.

Wise Old Thumper

Boyles Pet Housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post

I think this is the answer - but how attractive it could be I'm not sure?

Mervinius, this must be massive for your two cuties?