• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Gutted for Xena. Finally some good news for my strong girl. :)

Excellent news. Xena's ears look a lot better. She had a bit of pus in her left ear, which we managed to flush out. Her lungs sounded perfectlt clear so I think she's just getting excited when she sees me haha.
Fiver is still 1.5kg so had bloods done. He may need a dental but he's not desperate so we're waiting for bloods. If his bloods are clear we're going ahead with the dental. I'll hear back tomorrow.
SF deffo needs a dental but again not desperatr but needs to be done sooner rather than later.
My vet is happy for Xena to be vaccinated. She's back next week for another check on her ears and I may get hers vacced then.
I spoke to the practice manager today about a payment plan and she said I'd probably be fine to do that because I'm such a good client lol. She'd need to verify it with Jacqui first (owner). I am going to talk to her about it next week when I can work out how much I can pay per month. I think I'll do it as a permanent payment if they allow that so I always have funds for future issues. My vet bills are only going to increase with Fiver being 10 and Xena being poorly.

Excellent news. Xena's ears look a lot better. She had a bit of pus in her left ear, which we managed to flush out. Her lungs sounded perfectlt clear so I think she's just getting excited when she sees me haha.
Fiver is still 1.5kg so had bloods done. He may need a dental but he's not desperate so we're waiting for bloods. If his bloods are clear we're going ahead with the dental. I'll hear back tomorrow.
SF deffo needs a dental but again not desperatr but needs to be done sooner rather than later.
My vet is happy for Xena to be vaccinated. She's back next week for another check on her ears and I may get hers vacced then.
I spoke to the practice manager today about a payment plan and she said I'd probably be fine to do that because I'm such a good client lol. She'd need to verify it with Jacqui first (owner). I am going to talk to her about it next week when I can work out how much I can pay per month. I think I'll do it as a permanent payment if they allow that so I always have funds for future issues. My vet bills are only going to increase with Fiver being 10 and Xena being poorly.

Well that all sounds to be very positive. I think if you get the payment plan agreed it really will take some of the pressure off you, you wont be living in dread of the 'what next' feeling re the Bunnies health issues.

I'm glad it's good news for Xena, and that the dentals can wait. It sounds hopeful that they will allow you to do a payment plan too. Fingers crossed that Fiver's blood tests come back fine :thumb:

Wow, that's great news about Xena :D

Good news that the vet thinks she's well enough to be vaccinated too.

I'm glad you're in the process of positively negotiating a payment plan with the surgery. Bit like an insurance, and it will hopefully help cover in case there are any 'nasty' surprises

Yes, I'm hoping it will be easier having a payment plan.
I'll let you know what Fiver's blood results are when I find out tomorrow. Hoping it's nothing nasty. He's 10 years old so I have to be prepared but he's my soulbun so I'm quite nervous.

Yes, I'm hoping it will be easier having a payment plan.
I'll let you know what Fiver's blood results are when I find out tomorrow. Hoping it's nothing nasty. He's 10 years old so I have to be prepared but he's my soulbun so I'm quite nervous.

Oh 10 years, such a long time ... vibes it's all OK for him.

A while back I took my 14 year old for a blood test and feared the worst. The results came back perfect :)

His bloods are good for his age. No sign of anything untoward going on, which is fab news. Only downside is that we're putting his weight loss down to his teeth. They aren't horrific but are quite long and my vet thinks it may affect his eating. I'll panic so much when he goes in but I trust my vets and if anything happened I know they'd do their very best to save him.
I'll be booking him in within the next few weeks, probably with SF. So they can be together.

His bloods are good for his age. No sign of anything untoward going on, which is fab news. Only downside is that we're putting his weight loss down to his teeth. They aren't horrific but are quite long and my vet thinks it may affect his eating. I'll panic so much when he goes in but I trust my vets and if anything happened I know they'd do their very best to save him.
I'll be booking him in within the next few weeks, probably with SF. So they can be together.

Good news about his blood results and I hope that the Dentals go well when the Bunnies have them xx

I'm pleased to hear the blood results are good!

I hope the dentals go well, when the time comes x

Just a quick update on Xena. She got the all clear from the vets yesterday. She got her vhd2 jab as well. When I got home Fiver wasn't eating..booked him in to the vets and then went to get him to find he'd made a miraculous recovery. He's booked in on Monday for him and SF to get their myxi vac and I'm going to book them in for their dentals.
Xena has been poorly today. She is eating very slowly and seems very worried and stressed. It only seemed to happen at about 5pm and the vets were really busy (I'd originally had the other two booked in today for vacs but they rang and asked if they could change it because they'd had 2 emergencies come in). I've monitored her and she is eating and has some output but is definitely not well. I'm not sure if it's the vac or the stress of the vets yesterday. I went and picked a ton of forage and given her some and she's eating but slowly. I've medicated her and I'm hoping she doesn't deteriorate. If she's no better I'll have to taker her to the vets tomorrow, which will be a shame because I was going to a dog show. :(

Hope your warrior princess picks up and that you are able to go to the dog show.

Vibes for Fiver and SF and you.

She did start eating again on the evening and did a huuge pile of good poos. She was quiet but eating yesterday and today she is back to her usual feisty self! ❤ I am over the moon and I think she must have just felt a little under the weather after her vac. I am so proud of this girl. She has been so brave and so strong. Just like her name sake! ❤
Thank you so much for all the vibes. It really helps. X

Back