Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gutted for Xena. Finally some good news for my strong girl. :)

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan_Bunny View Post
    https://youtu.be/LJcOfQFTgZM

Got a video of Xena today. This is what I am greeted with every time I walk past her room haha. My gorgeous girl. ❤ She has been happy flopping (scaring the **** out if me) and sprawling out again so I'm sure she is feeling happier within herself. Going to pop her to the vets this week or next for a checkup on her ears.
    She is gorgeous She also looks very happy.

Awww...what a sweetheart! Looks like she's playing hide and seek with you! Mimzy used to do that when I first got him.

She does look blissfully happy, precious girlie. I hope her checkup goes well. xxxxx

I'm glad she is feeling so good

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

https://youtu.be/LJcOfQFTgZM

Got a video of Xena today. This is what I am greeted with every time I walk past her room haha. My gorgeous girl. ❤ She has been happy flopping (scaring the **** out if me) and sprawling out again so I'm sure she is feeling happier within herself. Going to pop her to the vets this week or next for a checkup on her ears.

She looks absolutely gorgeous

Does she wait for morning treats?

You've given her a fantastic play area, though I got a temporary shock when I saw the white rabbit (?) on the house

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    She looks absolutely gorgeous

Does she wait for morning treats?

You've given her a fantastic play area, though I got a temporary shock when I saw the white rabbit (?) on the house
    It's actually an Ikea rat haha. She has a stuffed bunny somewhere in that room as well. She never bothers with them but figured if she was feeling lonely they were better than nothing. She's certainly not lonely haha. She loves having her own space. She goes mad when she sees me walk out if my room on a morning. Runs up and down and round and round lol. She periscopes because she knows how cute she is with her crossed front paws. ❤ She always gets something for it now haha. I can't resist and at this point I need her to keep her weight on. She got a fibafirst stick in that video...hence the happy running about to find "the perfect place" to eat it haha. On a morning she gets an alfalfa cube and porridge with her meds in, which is apparently the best thing in the world. She practically mugs me for it.

It's actually an Ikea rat haha. She has a stuffed bunny somewhere in that room as well. She never bothers with them but figured if she was feeling lonely they were better than nothing. She's certainly not lonely haha. She loves having her own space. She goes mad when she sees me walk out if my room on a morning. Runs up and down and round and round lol. She periscopes because she knows how cute she is with her crossed front paws. ❤ She always gets something for it now haha. I can't resist and at this point I need her to keep her weight on. She got a fibafirst stick in that video...hence the happy running about to find "the perfect place" to eat it haha. On a morning she gets an alfalfa cube and porridge with her meds in, which is apparently the best thing in the world. She practically mugs me for it.

Well fibafirst is a food not a treat, so don't tell her that or she will want more actual 'treats'

She's a proper darling that bun

Alfalfa and porridge - yes I can see that featuring in Bunny Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Well fibafirst is a food not a treat, so don't tell her that or she will want more actual 'treats'

She's a proper darling that bun

Alfalfa and porridge - yes I can see that featuring in Bunny Heaven
    Yeh, I just give her one or two a day as an added extra. As well as her pellets, fresh forage, hay, readigrass, porridge, alfalfa cubes...yeh, she might be a bit spoilt. Haha.

Xena is at the vets tomorrow for a check on her ears. I have an awful feeling that she may have some respiratory issue. I've noticed, in the past couple of days, that her breathing is more audible. Not noisy but I can hear her breathe, which is not normal. Her ears seem to be no better and are still making horrible squelchy noises. She's also getting less tolerant of the canaural and has even been trying to bite me and run away when I administer it.
    Fiver is back at the vets for a check on his teeth and to weigh him (he had lost quite a bit of weight) and Shadowfax is going for a second opinion on her teeth. Vet thinks she needs a dental but I want to make sure because I can't really afford it on top of everything else.
    What are your opinions on vaccinating Xena? She is due her combi and needs the new vhd2 vac. Bearing in mind that she is clearly not well atm and I'm really worried her immune system is shot. I don't think I'm going to have her much longer. 😔 Feeling really nervous about the vets.
    I am also going to ask about a payment plan if Shadowfax does indeed need a dental.
    I've also decided to sign onto job seeker's allowance and try to get a job to pay for it all alongside my dog walking business.

Wise Old Thumper

Xena is at the vets tomorrow for a check on her ears. I have an awful feeling that she may have some respiratory issue. I've noticed, in the past couple of days, that her breathing is more audible. Not noisy but I can hear her breathe, which is not normal. Her ears seem to be no better and are still making horrible squelchy noises. She's also getting less tolerant of the canaural and has even been trying to bite me and run away when I administer it.
    Fiver is back at the vets for a check on his teeth and to weigh him (he had lost quite a bit of weight) and Shadowfax is going for a second opinion on her teeth. Vet thinks she needs a dental but I want to make sure because I can't really afford it on top of everything else.
    What are your opinions on vaccinating Xena? She is due her combi and needs the new vhd2 vac. Bearing in mind that she is clearly not well atm and I'm really worried her immune system is shot. I don't think I'm going to have her much longer. 😔 Feeling really nervous about the vets.
    I am also going to ask about a payment plan if Shadowfax does indeed need a dental.
    I've also decided to sign onto job seeker's allowance and try to get a job to pay for it all alongside my dog walking business.
    Ear infections and upper respiratory tract infections are often linked. The Vet may want to put Xena back onto a systemic abx if the findings on examination suggest that she now has a URTI.

As for vaccinating her. Well the Vaccine data sheets states that 'only health animals should be vaccinated'

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-455496

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/med...ts/filavac.doc

BUT, this is the opinion of FHB on the matter :

'My vet said my rabbit was not well enough to be vaccinated. What do I do?

It is not harmful for an ill or old rabbit to be vaccinated. The problem is that a rabbit may not respond to a vaccine if it is already fighting a disease or is ill enough to have a suppressed immune system. Treating the animal or delaying vaccination will increase the chance of the vaccine protecting the rabbit. If the rabbit is old, there is an argument that it needs to be vaccinated more than a healthy one because it would be less able to fight disease. An analogy can be made with ‘flu vaccination in people where elderly people are vaccinated. Whether to vaccinate an old or ill rabbit in the midst of a disease outbreak is a decision that needs to be made by the owner and their vet. My choice would be to vaccinate my rabbit and, if the rabbit was ill, repeat the vaccine when the rabbit had recovered in order to give it the greatest chance of protection.''

Taken from here :

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/own...estions/FAQRHD

Personally I think the decision whether or not to vaccinate a sick Rabbit needs to be made on an individual case basis. So I'd discuss it all in full with your Vet.

I hope that SF and Fiver's check up goes well and that SF wont need another Dental. Maybe have a chat with the Vet re setting up a payment plan anyway, it may take some of the stress from you if something like that is in place.

Sending you all lots of vibes xx

Vibes for you, you've got a lot on your plate at the moment x