Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gutted for Xena. Finally some good news for my strong girl. :)

Default Gutted for Xena. Finally some good news for my strong girl. :)

Noticed her eye was goopy (more than usual) and got some lacralube to use but it didn't help like it normally does. Last night I was sat with her giving her some cuddles and nose rubs and noticed her ears were squelching. My heart sank. I got her into the vets today and her ears were full of pus. The vet flushed her ears out and has prescribed 10 days worth of penicillin injections to do at home. I'm beyond gutted. I know this is likely the beginning of the end for her and my vet agreed.
    On the upside she has gained half a kilo! She now weighs a very healthy 2kg. I had also apparently been credited 17 to my account so I only ended up paying 3!

My poor girl. She just can't catch a break. 😟
    Last edited by Vegan_Bunny; 10-09-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Oh no sending lots of vibes xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Oh no, I hope she starts to get better soon. Poor Xena sending get well vibes xx

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan_Bunny View Post
    Noticed her eye was goopy (more than usual) and got some lacralube to use but it didn't help like it normally does. Last night I was sat with her giving her some cuddles and nose rubs and noticed her ears were squelching. My heart sank. I got her into the vets today and her ears were full of pus. The vet flushed her ears out and has prescribed 10 days worth of penicillin injections to do at home. I'm beyond gutted. I know this is likely the beginning of the end for her and my vet agreed.
    On the upside she has gained half a kilo! She now weighs a very healthy 2kg. I had also apparently been credited 17 to my account so I only ended up paying 3!

My poor girl. She just can't catch a break. ��
    Oh no, I am sorry to hear this. Unfortunately ear infections are a possible consequence for Rabbits with any hind leg issues/arthritic problems. I hope that the abx get the infection under control xx

Warren Veteran

Poor Xena Sending lots of vibes and I hope the abx work.

My poor girl. She just can't catch a break. 😟

I'm really sorry to hear this. I hope the antibiotics do some good for her, poor wee one.

It's something I've always looked out for with her since she can't clean her ears. Just gutted it's happened now. I was hoping to have her for 6 months or more but if we can't get this under control then the outlook looks very bleak.

Wise Old Thumper

It's something I've always looked out for with her since she can't clean her ears. Just gutted it's happened now. I was hoping to have her for 6 months or more but if we can't get this under control then the outlook looks very bleak.
    Morse had a chronic ear infection which was kept under control for over 3 years. His demise was not due to his ear disease but to an inoperable tumour in his abdomen. So whilst ear infections are never good news, it is not inevitable that it will be 'the end' for Xena xx

So sorry to hear this, poor Xena. Hope the abx get to work quickly x
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Morse had a chronic ear infection which was kept under control for over 3 years. His demise was not due to his ear disease but to an inoperable tumour in his abdomen. So whilst ear infections are never good news, it is not inevitable that it will be 'the end' for Xena xx
    That is good news. I'm just not sure how much more she can endure. How did you manage his infections? Was he on abx and pain relief long term?
    Is there anything more I can do for Xena?