Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Can't believe it's been a year since I lost my darling Toffee

  1. #1
    Mama Doe Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,578

    Default Can't believe it's been a year since I lost my darling Toffee

    A year ago today, you went to forever sleep in my arms, aged just 3. After so much ongoing trouble with your teeth, dentals every 6-7 weeks, you told me that you had finally enough after the last one. Although it broke my heart then, and still does, I'm glad I listened Toffee, and I knew it was the right thing to do for you.
    I held you, and whispered in your ear how very much you were loved, and promised you that I would always look after your sister, and love her for the both of us.
    You were a little bunny, with a great big heart. There wasn't a bad bone in you, always the gentlest of creatures, never complaining about having to go to the vets, although I knew you hated it, as you always trembled in the carrier. We had such a strong bond , you and me, and I still feel you around me now. You had a great sense of humour, and did the daftest things, always waiting to see if I was watching you, no one has ever made me laugh like you did.
    You loved the garden, and liked sitting on top of the little wooden house, looking around at the flowers, you would sit for ages. Unlike your sister Treacle, you liked being out at night, and didn't mind the dark. I would sit for ages with you, telling you all about the stars above us, and one night we sat watching the northern lights together, a magical moment.
    I keep your photo and little casket in Treacles room, and we say goodnight to you every night.
    Sleep well my darling boy.

    Xxxxxxx

    My favourite
    [IMG][/IMG]

  2. #2

    Default

    Toffee sounded like a very special bun.
    What a precious memory of watching the Northern lights, I'm sure you will remember Toffee and that moment forever.

  3. #3
    Mama Doe Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LagomorphLion View Post
    Toffee sounded like a very special bun.
    What a precious memory of watching the Northern lights, I'm sure you will remember Toffee and that moment forever.
    Thank you, I will x
    [IMG][/IMG]

  4. #4
    Wise Old Thumper Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lower Sunbury
    Posts
    42,263

    Default

    Hugs xxx

  5. #5
    Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    A lovely tribute to Toffee xxx

    He was clearly a bun in a million, a cheeky character with a beautiful soul ❤️❤️❤️It must have been such an incredibly difficult decision to let him go to the bridge but it's a testament to the strong bond you had that you understood when he told you it was time to go.

    Lots of hugs for you and nose rubs for Treacle as you remember your very special little boy xxx


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

    At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

    Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

  6. #6
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    A year ago today, you went to forever sleep in my arms, aged just 3. After so much ongoing trouble with your teeth, dentals every 6-7 weeks, you told me that you had finally enough after the last one. Although it broke my heart then, and still does, I'm glad I listened Toffee, and I knew it was the right thing to do for you.
    I held you, and whispered in your ear how very much you were loved, and promised you that I would always look after your sister, and love her for the both of us.
    You were a little bunny, with a great big heart. There wasn't a bad bone in you, always the gentlest of creatures, never complaining about having to go to the vets, although I knew you hated it, as you always trembled in the carrier. We had such a strong bond , you and me, and I still feel you around me now. You had a great sense of humour, and did the daftest things, always waiting to see if I was watching you, no one has ever made me laugh like you did.
    You loved the garden, and liked sitting on top of the little wooden house, looking around at the flowers, you would sit for ages. Unlike your sister Treacle, you liked being out at night, and didn't mind the dark. I would sit for ages with you, telling you all about the stars above us, and one night we sat watching the northern lights together, a magical moment.
    I keep your photo and little casket in Treacles room, and we say goodnight to you every night.
    Sleep well my darling boy.

    Xxxxxxx

    My favourite


    What a lovely rabbit he was

    He's still in your heart and you'll never forget him x Hugs x

  7. #7
    Wise Old Thumper MimzMum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Heart&Soul:Alaska, Rest of me:Oregon
    Posts
    13,234

    Default

    There is no way that a bond like this can be broken, even when we can't see the one we love so dearly.
    A beautiful tribute and thinking of you, sending hugs, as you remember this very special companion so fondly today. xxxxxxx

  8. #8
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    128,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MimzMum View Post
    There is no way that a bond like this can be broken, even when we can't see the one we love so dearly.
    A beautiful tribute and thinking of you, sending hugs, as you remember this very special companion so fondly today. xxxxxxx
    I totally agree

    Toffee will always remain within your heart x

  9. #9
    Wise Old Thumper biscandmatt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    21,260

    Default

    hugs x
    Loved and missed
    Benjie guinea pig 28/09/2017, Bisc rabbit 04/10/2016, Eddie guinea pig 01/12/2014, Maisie guinea pig 07/08/2014, Matt rabbit 31/08/2013, Chesney guinea pig 21/02/2013, Smudge rabbit 09/07/2006, Patch rabbit 31/10/2001

  10. #10
    Mama Doe Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,578

    Default

    Oh thank you everyone, for your lovely words. It's so nice having people who understand, and share. Thank goodness for RU, don't know what I'd do without you all
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •