• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't believe it's been a year since I lost my darling Toffee

Pets mum

Wise Old Thumper
A year ago today, you went to forever sleep in my arms, aged just 3. After so much ongoing trouble with your teeth, dentals every 6-7 weeks, you told me that you had finally enough after the last one. Although it broke my heart then, and still does, I'm glad I listened Toffee, and I knew it was the right thing to do for you.
I held you, and whispered in your ear how very much you were loved, and promised you that I would always look after your sister, and love her for the both of us.
You were a little bunny, with a great big heart. There wasn't a bad bone in you, always the gentlest of creatures, never complaining about having to go to the vets, although I knew you hated it, as you always trembled in the carrier. We had such a strong bond , you and me, and I still feel you around me now. You had a great sense of humour, and did the daftest things, always waiting to see if I was watching you, no one has ever made me laugh like you did.
You loved the garden, and liked sitting on top of the little wooden house, looking around at the flowers, you would sit for ages. Unlike your sister Treacle, you liked being out at night, and didn't mind the dark. I would sit for ages with you, telling you all about the stars above us, and one night we sat watching the northern lights together, a magical moment.
I keep your photo and little casket in Treacles room, and we say goodnight to you every night.
Sleep well my darling boy.

Xxxxxxx
20156019_10213583553846203_1058814158051217680_n.jpg

My favourite :love:
20108500_10213582673784202_1209949558676165952_n.jpg

Toffee sounded like a very special bun. :love:
What a precious memory of watching the Northern lights, I'm sure you will remember Toffee and that moment forever.

A lovely tribute to Toffee xxx

He was clearly a bun in a million, a cheeky character with a beautiful soul ❤️❤️❤️It must have been such an incredibly difficult decision to let him go to the bridge but it's a testament to the strong bond you had that you understood when he told you it was time to go.

Lots of hugs for you and nose rubs for Treacle as you remember your very special little boy xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A year ago today, you went to forever sleep in my arms, aged just 3. After so much ongoing trouble with your teeth, dentals every 6-7 weeks, you told me that you had finally enough after the last one. Although it broke my heart then, and still does, I'm glad I listened Toffee, and I knew it was the right thing to do for you.
I held you, and whispered in your ear how very much you were loved, and promised you that I would always look after your sister, and love her for the both of us.
You were a little bunny, with a great big heart. There wasn't a bad bone in you, always the gentlest of creatures, never complaining about having to go to the vets, although I knew you hated it, as you always trembled in the carrier. We had such a strong bond , you and me, and I still feel you around me now. You had a great sense of humour, and did the daftest things, always waiting to see if I was watching you, no one has ever made me laugh like you did.
You loved the garden, and liked sitting on top of the little wooden house, looking around at the flowers, you would sit for ages. Unlike your sister Treacle, you liked being out at night, and didn't mind the dark. I would sit for ages with you, telling you all about the stars above us, and one night we sat watching the northern lights together, a magical moment.
I keep your photo and little casket in Treacles room, and we say goodnight to you every night.
Sleep well my darling boy.

Xxxxxxx
20156019_10213583553846203_1058814158051217680_n.jpg

My favourite :love:
20108500_10213582673784202_1209949558676165952_n.jpg

What a lovely rabbit he was :love:

He's still in your heart and you'll never forget him x Hugs x

There is no way that a bond like this can be broken, even when we can't see the one we love so dearly.
A beautiful tribute and thinking of you, sending hugs, as you remember this very special companion so fondly today. xxxxxxx

There is no way that a bond like this can be broken, even when we can't see the one we love so dearly.
A beautiful tribute and thinking of you, sending hugs, as you remember this very special companion so fondly today. xxxxxxx

I totally agree

Toffee will always remain within your heart x

Oh thank you everyone, for your lovely words. It's so nice having people who understand, and share. Thank goodness for RU, don't know what I'd do without you all :love:

Back