• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating straw

Graciee

Staff member
My rabbit seems to be eating straw? Not sure what else to say haha it's under the hay but she seeks it out. Is this safe? My previous ones never seemed interested in the straw so wasn't sure if it's okay or not.

Advice appreciated :)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

My rabbit seems to be eating straw? Not sure what else to say haha it's under the hay but she seeks it out. Is this safe? My previous ones never seemed interested in the straw so wasn't sure if it's okay or not.

Advice appreciated :)

Yes, it's perfectly safe :)

Some people get concerned because there's not so much nutritional value in straw as opposed to hay. If she's also eating hay, I don't see a big problem there :)

Ah thanks I was worried because when I Googled it there were people saying it is bad. But she eats everything haha my first two were a bit picky but the two I got recently seem to love their food - I reckon they'd happily get very fat if left to their own devices! :)

Mine like a good old chomp on their straw when I change the litter trays (newspaper, straw and hay). Never been a problem.

Back