• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ooops I did it again!

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

So I might have been looking at those selling pages again and well....

1500471526300-951123097_zpsdefnl8ht.jpg

Introducing Blossom :) (Thinking new life / blossoming into the rabbit she should be)

We brought her home yesterday, after travelling for around 1 1/2 hours. We don't know an awful lot about her, is she a French Lop? She was in the tiniest hutch ever, imagine a really tiny hutch and then think smaller. She's on a very cheap version of the muesli food and I'm not sure she has had hay before! Off for a check up and first jab tomorrow x

15004714874651817331407_zpsttqh1jj5.jpg

15004715431751859025230_zpslwvhu2yd.jpg

She's now in our shed and last remaining structure in the garden, so currently no more room at the inn. Have spent this morning removing the perspex window and adding mesh, still lots to do! x

Hi all,

Introducing Blossom :) (Thinking new life / blossoming into the rabbit she should be)

We brought her home yesterday, after travelling for around 1 1/2 hours. We don't know an awful lot about her, is she a French Lop? She was in the tiniest hutch ever, imagine a really tiny hutch and then think smaller. She's on a very cheap version of the muesli food and I'm not sure she has had hay before! Off for a check up and first jab tomorrow x

She's now in our shed and last remaining structure in the garden, so currently no more room at the inn. Have spent this morning removing the perspex window and adding mesh, still lots to do! x

Awwww she's a lovely girl :love: How many Rabbits do you have now ? ! :lol:

Hi all,

What are you like :love::love:

She has a cute mini lop look about her - but she's bigger?

And a dewlap - is she spayed?

Lucky, lucky Blossom - welcome :wave:

Um 9 now Jane :oops:

Maybe she's just some kind of Lop, MM, I don't know. She's quite large, bigger than all our others, will get her weighed tomorrow.

Yes we noticed she has a large dewlap, perhaps she looks large because she's overweight. Not spayed, no, so that will be on the agenda. I must admit I've been a bit worried since the guys daughter mentioned they used to have a male too, but they got rid of him because they fought. I didn't ask if they'd ever bred her and I don't know how long ago this was. But if it turns out she's expecting that's a whole other thing!

I do get myself into these things...

x

Um 9 now Jane :oops:

Maybe she's just some kind of Lop, MM, I don't know. She's quite large, bigger than all our others, will get her weighed tomorrow.

Yes we noticed she has a large dewlap, perhaps she looks large because she's overweight. Not spayed, no, so that will be on the agenda. I must admit I've been a bit worried since the guys daughter mentioned they used to have a male too, but they got rid of him because they fought. I didn't ask if they'd ever bred her and I don't know how long ago this was. But if it turns out she's expecting that's a whole other thing!

I do get myself into these things...

x

Yes you do :)

But you have the support of RU :thumb:

Thanks everyone.

She might well be, I'm hopeless when it comes to rabbit breeds :lol:

She's such a lovely rabbit and happy to have a stroke. She's definitely a selective feeder and will tip her bowl over and pick out the bits she likes. So far she's turning her nose up at Science Selective and much prefers Pea flake muesli! :roll:

The shed set up is currently very make shift, so ive bought some Lino which I've got to put in later. I've also brought her some toys and tunnels etc, she's going to be pampered :) x

She's gorgeous!

I have to be very careful not to tempt myself with more bunnies... I think I'd be on 9 too if my OH wouldn't leave me because of it!

Whoops :lol: I'm sure blossom is delighted that you've been browsing the selling pages again though! Happy new home blossom :love:

Welcome to RU beautiful Bloosom, so very pleased you've got her out of that awful sounding hutch xx

Thanks everyone :)

She's gorgeous! I have to be very careful not to tempt myself with more bunnies... I think I'd be on 9 too if my OH wouldn't leave me because of it!

Yeah any more might just tip mine over the edge :lol:

Yes tlc, if everything goes to plan then she could be Spuds future wife. I think they'd make quite a unique looking couple :)

She did great at the vets. Her teeth appear fine, despite her previous bad diet and she got her long claws trimmed. A couple point the wrong way so we'll keep an eye on those. One thing myself and the vet noticed is that her 'girly bits' look quite red, but the vet didn't think it was a problem - has anyone experienced this? She didn't mind being mauled around, seems like a real softie.

We got the shed sorted and I think it looks pretty good. I'll have to post some pics soon. We've had to keep a small section at the back for some of our things, but she has the rest (it's 7x7) x

She's so lovely and a great name too. I find myself looking at those selling sites aswell and there's always one or two you know no one will look at because they are old, no longer "cute" and in a horrid tiny hutch and those are the ones I want to rescue the most. She's found a lovely home with you. :)

Back