Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hay tastic help

Young Bun

Default hay tastic help

Hi everyone, just looking for some ideas of how to contain hay in a house? I have 2 house buns, they have the run of the house...but in the dinning room they have their own little set up. Which consists of some plastic floor covered with puppy pads (one bunny cannot get used to weeing in the litter tray)...a litter tray and a couple of tunnels (I change some of it regularly to keep it interesting)....my problem is containing hay...they tip all their hay all over the place and pee in it, so it becomes inedible...and then the hay goes everywhere!!! I've tried several ideas...a little hay manger...they tip it up (well one bunny does)...a little plastic tray...they sit in it and pee all over the fresh hay....it's like I've put another litter tray there for them ....How do you guys do it???? any help would be much appreciated always! Thanks x

I just put up with hay everywhere and sweep regularly! In all honesty, I think for indoor bunnies you just have to accept a certain amount of chaos. But then I just have hay in the litter tray and change it regularly, so I'm not trying to keep it separate. Sorry not to be more helpful!

Young Bun

I think that's a fair comment! Thanks.

I have 2 house bunnies too... and although they have their own bedroom which is 'theirs', they also have the rest of the house!

they have one large storage box as their main litter tray and then on the other side of the room, they also have a old cage bottom, and inside it and up one corner have a normal sized litter tray filled with hay as well. We always end up finding strands of loose hay everywhere, but it is far more contained this way!

I'll try and upload some pics later for you xx
    Rest in peace my beautiful fur babies - Tango, Whiskey, Harvey & Honey **Forever in my heart**

Young Bun

Thank you I'd really appreciate that... x

Quote Originally Posted by Colly View Post
    Thank you I'd really appreciate that... x
    No problem, this is what we have;

The large storage box is great for both of them, and does contain the majority of the hay!

then the littler one on the left is inside an old cage base so again, most stays contained in there.. xx
    Rest in peace my beautiful fur babies - Tango, Whiskey, Harvey & Honey **Forever in my heart**

Alpha Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthyjones89 View Post
    No problem, this is what we have;
    Photobucket is no longer working as a third party host for photographs

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Horace the Bold View Post
    Photobucket is no longer working as a third party host for photographs

I wanted to see Ruthy's set up as well

ah no, I didnt realise sorry... does anyone else have any other alternative I can use? xx

Alpha Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthyjones89 View Post
    ah no, I didnt realise sorry... does anyone else have any other alternative I can use? xx
    There was a thread about it a few days ago, I think imgur, flicker or link through Facebook were the common suggestions
    If you use Tapatalk on your phone you can post photos using them