• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Strange GI Stasis

I wonder if he was st sulking about being back outside for the day? As he wasn't eating I brought him in and her perked up straight away

Some rabbits do have moods and can be rather morose sometimes when things change that they don't like.

What's the news this morning?

It feels like longer. But in bunny terms, a week of recovery isn't that long.

Overnight vibes :love:

He is definitely in my dads bad books! There was a wire plugged in that I didn't even know we had and over night he's chewed it badly! How he didn't electrocute himself I don't know!

He really seems to be getting there! Hopefully he continues like this! Can't believe it will be a week tomorrow since he first got sick!

Keep up the good work. He was lucky to not get injured by chewing the wire. It is also good that you noticed the wire was chewed (or your bunny chewed it enough to make the item not work) so the wire did not become a fire or electrocution hazard for you or your family.

Keep up the good work. He was lucky to not get injured by chewing the wire. It is also good that you noticed the wire was chewed (or your bunny chewed it enough to make the item not work) so the wire did not become a fire or electrocution hazard for you or your family.

He was so lucky, it was hidden behind a paper bin, tucked in a corner, I didn't see it but he obviously did!

My dad caught him chewing it!

Wow that was lucky!

How's he doing today? Bunny not Dad ;)

He spent a bit of time in his hutch yesterday so he can gradually transition to being outside at night, and tonight he's stopped eating again, I'm wondering if something in his hutch is triggering it?

The last time he ate voluntarism was 5 1/2 hours ago so I've syringed him so critical care

He spent a bit of time in his hutch yesterday so he can gradually transition to being outside at night, and tonight he's stopped eating again, I'm wondering if something in his hutch is triggering it?

The last time he ate voluntarism was 5 1/2 hours ago so I've syringed him so critical care

I did mention this possibility (Post 40)

Could it be that something is scaring him outdoors ?

Back