• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Strange GI Stasis

He's eaten grass as well, it's really strange! In the night he just decided to eat?

I'm exhausted!

Yes I bet you are.

It's easy to lose a sense of perspective when you get so tired.

Have you tried Infacol?
Apologies if you have, but that and tummy rubs can get you out of a tight spot when you need to.

Yes I bet you are.

It's easy to lose a sense of perspective when you get so tired.

Have you tried Infacol?
Apologies if you have, but that and tummy rubs can get you out of a tight spot when you need to.

I did speak to the vet about infacol but we weren't too sure but I do tummy rubs, which he has a strop about

I did speak to the vet about infacol but we weren't too sure but I do tummy rubs, which he has a strop about

Oh dear!

Just to let you know, Infacol isn't absorbed by the body, and it works by amassing the smaller gas bubbles into one, to make them easier to pass. It's often the gas that is preventing a rabbit from eating.

You will get differing opinions on Infacol, as with everything, but most of us on here agree from personal experience that it's beneficial, and as it does no harm, them why not use it?

Each to his own :)

Oh dear!

Just to let you know, Infacol isn't absorbed by the body, and it works by amassing the smaller gas bubbles into one, to make them easier to pass. It's often the gas that is preventing a rabbit from eating.

You will get differing opinions on Infacol, as with everything, but most of us on here agree from personal experience that it's beneficial, and as it does no harm, them why not use it?

Each to his own :)

He's stopped eating again so I'm going to see if I can get him booked in with a very experienced vet whose also trained in alternative medicine

He's stopped eating again so I'm going to see if I can get him booked in with a very experienced vet whose also trained in alternative medicine

Sorry to hear that :(

Good luck with the new vet - I get a lot of stick for using alternative medicine.
Hope it goes very well for him x

Sorry to hear that :(

Good luck with the new vet - I get a lot of stick for using alternative medicine.
Hope it goes very well for him x

He's eating a bit again now!

I'm wondering if he's figured out that if he refuses hay and pellets he gets brambles and he's just trying it on a bit?
As he's still been eating brambles

He's eating a bit again now!

I'm wondering if he's figured out that if he refuses hay and pellets he gets brambles and he's just trying it on a bit?
As he's still been eating brambles

A well rabbit would do that, but not a sick one. You have to be the judge of that!

Rabbits usually prefer pellets over hay - but maybe yours has a special taste for brambles x

A well rabbit would do that, but not a sick one. You have to be the judge of that!

Rabbits usually prefer pellets over hay - but maybe yours has a special taste for brambles x

He goes barmy for brambles! If he sees us walk to the corner where they are he charges around and tarts jumping up at the mes on the run

I'm definitely leaning towards the idea that he was just wanting brambles as twice he was brought himself out of not eating without having any intervention from me or the vets

I'm definitely leaning towards the idea that he was just wanting brambles as twice he was brought himself out of not eating without having any intervention from me or the vets[/QUOTE

I hope you and your vet rule out everything other than your bunny being a bit spoiled.

He's improved a lot and I've found a new hay that a local rescue uses that he goes mad for! He stopped refusing to eat after we stopped giving brambles so either he was being a brat or the brambles were upsetting his tummy

He's improved a lot and I've found a new hay that a local rescue uses that he goes mad for! He stopped refusing to eat after we stopped giving brambles so either he was being a brat or the brambles were upsetting his tummy

Glad to hear he's so much better!

Was he insisting you give him something other than brambles then? Naughty rabbit :lol:

Glad to hear he's so much better!

Was he insisting you give him something other than brambles then? Naughty rabbit :lol:

He was refusing to eat anything but brambles! He's been living outside 24/7 all week but is in tonight as the waterproof cover on his run isn't waterproof and he will sit in the rain shivering! :shock::roll:

He's thoroughly enjoying being inside, he's not going to be happy going to boarding next week!

Back