• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Home Inspiration Needed!

Hi there all :)

We are in the process of a much needed upgrade to our Buns home which at the moment comprises of an almost 9ft x almost 8 foot enclose that is 4ft high. What I am really struggling with is finding living accommodation to go inside. I was thinking a 6ft flat roofed hutch, that they can sit/sunbath of the top of, however I want something that is more enclosed as hutches tend to be mostly wire fronted. Also there is obviously the issue of creating and entrance without destroying the hutch or it being open to the elements too much.

I've also looked at chicken houses but I am not sure if these provide enough insulation/ventilation and also I think I'd have more of a problem finding somewhere for their litter tray.

Does anyone have any bright ideas of what I could get? Although I am super pleased with myself at building the enclose, I am not sure that my wood working skills would run to building my own rabbit house!

How about a playhouse? Chicken houses are usually made up of small compartments and a run and are difficult to clean. Or you could buy a hutch and modify it so that it was more enclosed if you wanted.

What about a garden shed? My (now single) doe has a large two storey hutch in a 6' x 6' garden shed, with a 8' x 12' grass run attached to it, which she can access through a 'pophole'. I know you can put a catflap on the pophole to shield them from the weather, I have a wooden baffle on the outside which stops the worst of the weather getting into the shed. I have electricity in there, for a light and a small oil-filled radiator. She's very happy in there, thank you! :lol:

P.S. Welcome to the Forum! I saw this was your first post :wave:

Last edited:
Back