Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sarah Pellet

I haven't heard anything more yet, I might ring tomorrow if Kiah (the vet) hasn't called.

The bond is now re-established. I kept him in the house overnight and put him out again with Toffee the next day, and they were fine together almost straight away, grooming and cuddling up, so heaved a sigh of relief at that! He's absolutely fine at the moment, racing about round my feet while I type this! He is still on medication, I'm mixing a drop of strawberry Ribena with his Baytril, as instructed by the nurse who discharged him. Apparently Baytril is bitter tasting, so a bit of Ribena takes the edge off.

I'm still optimistic, hoping for a good outcome. He's only young yet, I'm going to give him every chance.

Thanks again for your messages and good wishes, I really appreciate it xx

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin'sMum View Post
    I haven't heard anything more yet, I might ring tomorrow if Kiah (the vet) hasn't called.

The bond is now re-established. I kept him in the house overnight and put him out again with Toffee the next day, and they were fine together almost straight away, grooming and cuddling up, so heaved a sigh of relief at that! He's absolutely fine at the moment, racing about round my feet while I type this! He is still on medication, I'm mixing a drop of strawberry Ribena with his Baytril, as instructed by the nurse who discharged him. Apparently Baytril is bitter tasting, so a bit of Ribena takes the edge off.

I'm still optimistic, hoping for a good outcome. He's only young yet, I'm going to give him every chance.

Thanks again for your messages and good wishes, I really appreciate it xx

I'm so glad to hear they are back together again

I hadn't heard of putting strawberry Ribena with Baytril. In fact I didn't know there was even a strawberry version of Ribena!

Praying also for a good outcome. I hope you get some news tomorrow x

Hi, I had a message on my phone today from Kiah to say the slide of joint fluid she took and sent to the lab has come back with no 'naughty' (her word!) cells on it, ie no cancerous cells, and no infection either, so the most likely reason for his problem is osteoarthritis. I'll ring and speak to her tomorrow (she's on a half day today) but I feel mightily relieved that there is nothing 'bad' in there. She said to just keep him on Loxicom for now, the minimum dose seems to be adequate. We are still waiting for a report from Sarah Pellet re the second set of xrays, but hopefully there will now be no bad surprises.

BTW strawberry Ribena is delicious!

Warren Veteran

I'm pleased that nothing "naughty" has been found.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin'sMum View Post
    Hi, I had a message on my phone today from Kiah to say the slide of joint fluid she took and sent to the lab has come back with no 'naughty' (her word!) cells on it, ie no cancerous cells, and no infection either, so the most likely reason for his problem is osteoarthritis. I'll ring and speak to her tomorrow (she's on a half day today) but I feel mightily relieved that there is nothing 'bad' in there. She said to just keep him on Loxicom for now, the minimum dose seems to be adequate. We are still waiting for a report from Sarah Pellet re the second set of xrays, but hopefully there will now be no bad surprises.

BTW strawberry Ribena is delicious!

This is a really good update P, and what with the buns making friends again, I hope you're feeling a bit more hopeful and happy.

I know there's some more to come, but hopefully you will be able to deal with what's happening and keep Parsley comfortable