• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Only 4 spays to go now then they are all done

Digby and devon are 100% back to normal. Bella got spayed on thursday and shes had her 3 day check and all is perfect. I really feel, when buns have a partner to help them they recover a lot quicker, she bounced back so quick saying that spays are a bigger operation than neuters. This week is going to be pure hell for me. Ive started panicing really bad and pumping with sweat whenever i have to visit the vet since the VHD and this week i have: today pixie and prinny for pre-op, wednesday esme and echo for pre op, thursday pixie and prinny spay day, friday esme and echo spay day and saturday bella has her 10 day check. Then it starts again monday and tuesday for the 4 spays 3 day checks and 10 day checks. The vets have been joking about providing me with a bed to save me on taxi costs. Its £18 there and back and i have to go twice on thursday and twice on friday. I cant wait for this to me a "all buns done" household. Sorry ive not been on but with the panic episodes, if id read a post about something going wrong during an op i wouldnt have been able to take them.

Digby and devon are 100% back to normal. Bella got spayed on thursday and shes had her 3 day check and all is perfect. I really feel, when buns have a partner to help them they recover a lot quicker, she bounced back so quick saying that spays are a bigger operation than neuters. This week is going to be pure hell for me. Ive started panicing really bad and pumping with sweat whenever i have to visit the vet since the VHD and this week i have: today pixie and prinny for pre-op, wednesday esme and echo for pre op, thursday pixie and prinny spay day, friday esme and echo spay day and saturday bella has her 10 day check. Then it starts again monday and tuesday for the 4 spays 3 day checks and 10 day checks. The vets have been joking about providing me with a bed to save me on taxi costs. Its £18 there and back and i have to go twice on thursday and twice on friday. I cant wait for this to me a "all buns done" household. Sorry ive not been on but with the panic episodes, if id read a post about something going wrong during an op i wouldnt have been able to take them.

Going through the mill doesn't describe what you've been through WS (and are still going through) :shock:

Sending you soothing hugs and strengthening vibes that you can get through the next few weeks with the buns.

Good grief, no wonder you haven't felt up to updating. What a schedule to have to deal with. :shock:

I hope Pixie, Prinny, Esme, and Echo all come through all this just fine so you can breathe for a while. xxx

W&S, you are a rock! :D I would be a puddle on the floor had I gone through your experiences and imo, the universe owes you a major vacation from worry! Keeping you and your bunnies in my thoughts and prayers for all the upcoming faff and if we were closer I'd be happy to drive you and the bunnies to and fro. Bless you, I hope things wind down soon and that there's swift recoveries for all concerned. xxxxxxx

Finally got them all spayed and neutered. A big sigh of relief here. Pixie didnt recover quickly at all i had to syringe her recovery food through the night but by 5am she started eating again. All the rest bounced back really quick. The 4 girls are still inside yet because esme and echo still have their 3 day check yet on monday. They all have the 10 day check together on saturday and then hopefully all will be signed off. Its been a long haul and not to mention expensive to get them all spayed/neutered but all 13 buns i have left are finally done. Going to give the 4 girls their meloxidyl now. Lucky me :lol: catching them is the hardest.

Finally got them all spayed and neutered. A big sigh of relief here. Pixie didnt recover quickly at all i had to syringe her recovery food through the night but by 5am she started eating again. All the rest bounced back really quick. The 4 girls are still inside yet because esme and echo still have their 3 day check yet on monday. They all have the 10 day check together on saturday and then hopefully all will be signed off. Its been a long haul and not to mention expensive to get them all spayed/neutered but all 13 buns i have left are finally done. Going to give the 4 girls their meloxidyl now. Lucky me :lol: catching them is the hardest.

Congratulations on having a fully spayed/neutered household! It's been a very long time coming for you. Glad Esme, Echo, and Prinny bounced back so well. And that Pixie is doing fine in spite of the difficulties she initially gave you. Hope all the check-ups go smoothly too. xxx

Well done :D It must feel like you're living in a rabbit sanatorium at the moment :lol: What a relief though.

wow, so much to do!

I'm really glad this period is coming to an end, and bunny stability ought to reign from now onwards :)

This reminds me of times when I've gotten several bunnies or cats fixed at once. I can well remember the relief of them being done and not having it in the back of my mind of needing to do anymore! I think my record was 4 buns in one day, and then on a separate occasion, 5 or 6 cats in one day. Probably better to space it out a bit like you've done though! Well more so with the buns in case of complications, needing to do meds, etc - the cats never really have any problems at all.

Back