Thread: poo in bottom of teddys feet !

Young Bun

Default poo in bottom of teddys feet !

Hello everyone and your bunnies Just wondering if anyone can help me, my two boys teddy and buddy live in the house and teddy has got hard poo on his feet he is trying to get it off himself and I have tired with warm water on a baby wipe but cant get it off with out upsetting him he is still running around and eating xx

Snap, my Oliver has a lump of hard poo stuck on his foot as well. I have tried a few times to gently prise it off and it's half hanging off. I am just leaving it a few more days as I think it will eventually fall off by itself as it's stressing him me trying to remove it. I am afraid to clip it incase I leave him with a sore hock. I cannot believe how hard the poo becomes on their fur when stuck. If no joy in a few days a vet trip to get it removed . Sorry I have no advice.
    Lance got your wings 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016. Oliver my gentle baby boy, hope you have found the others, 30th July 2017. Will never forget you all my angels.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi View Post
    Hello everyone and your bunnies Just wondering if anyone can help me, my two boys teddy and buddy live in the house and teddy has got hard poo on his feet he is trying to get it off himself and I have tired with warm water on a baby wipe but cant get it off with out upsetting him he is still running around and eating xx

I think a soak will be the only way I'm afraid. You can try and cut it off, but you really want to avoid cutting any of the fur in case it makes for the hock being sore underneath.

You can very gently prise it off in bits whilst the foot is under water, and then comb it out gently (if possible) and blow dry it on cool very well until dry.

Not a quick fix. The trick is to check the feet as often as you can, and then deal with it whilst it's manageable - in future of course.

Good luck xx

Warren Scout

My rabbit Lucy used to get these on her feet, but usually she would take care of it by herself. If there's a lot of it stuck, then I would simply cut it off with scissors trying to cut as less fur as possible. My Lucy had quite fluffy feet so it wasn't hard to cut those poops, if your rabbit has little fur on his feet then probably soaking is a better option.

Isiųsta naudojantis C6903 Tapatalk 4 Lt