• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fussiest rabbit ever - Hay blocks and grass pellets

Kosu

Warren Scout
One of my bunnies has the most sensitive stomach ever, she cant eat veg or many SS pellets (like a teaspoon a day) as she gets a upset belly.

Shes just had yet another bought of tummy upset so shes been on medication again, shes had it 2 or so weeks so her body condition has gone right down.

Grass she has no trouble with if she has a small handful around 5 times a day. Basically thats all she eats along with a few other bits.
Shes getting worse in her old age and is refusing hay, i have 5 different kinds for her and readigrass which she picks at.

I brought a hay brick the other day on a whim to see if she would eat it, she did and we had no ill effects so could anyone recommend where i could get a regular supply online? I guess its horse feed but as its literally just compressed hay i dont see any issue with it.
Going back to the store isnt really a option as its miles away.

Ive also looked at grass pellets (again horse feed) as winters on its way again so im not going to be able to pick as much fresh grass for her everyday.

Any thoughts?

galen's garden do some bricks, and hay 'pellets' etc. might be worth a look. Bisc had a very sensitive tummy and ate less hay the older he became so we tried various things from this site :wave:

Dengie grass pellets can be ordered online in 20kg bags. These have been used by other forum members for rabbits. If you do a google search I'm sure you would be able to find a company who also sold hay blocks for home delivery.

galen's garden do some bricks, and hay 'pellets' etc. might be worth a look. Bisc had a very sensitive tummy and ate less hay the older he became so we tried various things from this site

Thank you i will have a look :)

Dengie grass pellets can be ordered online in 20kg bags. These have been used by other forum members for rabbits. If you do a google search I'm sure you would be able to find a company who also sold hay blocks for home delivery

Yes ive seen the grass pellets and will order some, ive looked online which is why i came here as all i have found so far is a few companies that sell hay blocks but they do not list the ingredients as some have extra things added (mollases etc). Im not savvy on online horse feed suppliers and brands.

Thank you i will have a look :)

Yes ive seen the grass pellets and will order some, ive looked online which is why i came here as all i have found so far is a few companies that sell hay blocks but they do not list the ingredients as some have extra things added (mollases etc). Im not savvy on online horse feed suppliers and brands.

Yes you're right to double check. I would also ring the company to be sure :thumb:

Back