Thread: Fussiest rabbit ever - Hay blocks and grass pellets

Default Fussiest rabbit ever - Hay blocks and grass pellets

One of my bunnies has the most sensitive stomach ever, she cant eat veg or many SS pellets (like a teaspoon a day) as she gets a upset belly.

Shes just had yet another bought of tummy upset so shes been on medication again, shes had it 2 or so weeks so her body condition has gone right down.

Grass she has no trouble with if she has a small handful around 5 times a day. Basically thats all she eats along with a few other bits.
    Shes getting worse in her old age and is refusing hay, i have 5 different kinds for her and readigrass which she picks at.

I brought a hay brick the other day on a whim to see if she would eat it, she did and we had no ill effects so could anyone recommend where i could get a regular supply online? I guess its horse feed but as its literally just compressed hay i dont see any issue with it.
    Going back to the store isnt really a option as its miles away.

Ive also looked at grass pellets (again horse feed) as winters on its way again so im not going to be able to pick as much fresh grass for her everyday.

Any thoughts?

galen's garden do some bricks, and hay 'pellets' etc. might be worth a look. Bisc had a very sensitive tummy and ate less hay the older he became so we tried various things from this site

loved and missed
    eddie piggy 01/12/2014, maisie piggy 07/08/2014, matt 31/08/2013, chesney piggy 21/02/2013, smudge 09/07/2006, patch 31/10/2001

Warren Veteran

Dengie grass pellets can be ordered online in 20kg bags. These have been used by other forum members for rabbits. If you do a google search I'm sure you would be able to find a company who also sold hay blocks for home delivery.

galen's garden do some bricks, and hay 'pellets' etc. might be worth a look. Bisc had a very sensitive tummy and ate less hay the older he became so we tried various things from this site
    Thank you i will have a look

Dengie grass pellets can be ordered online in 20kg bags. These have been used by other forum members for rabbits. If you do a google search I'm sure you would be able to find a company who also sold hay blocks for home delivery
    Yes ive seen the grass pellets and will order some, ive looked online which is why i came here as all i have found so far is a few companies that sell hay blocks but they do not list the ingredients as some have extra things added (mollases etc). Im not savvy on online horse feed suppliers and brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosu View Post
    Thank you i will have a look

Yes ive seen the grass pellets and will order some, ive looked online which is why i came here as all i have found so far is a few companies that sell hay blocks but they do not list the ingredients as some have extra things added (mollases etc). Im not savvy on online horse feed suppliers and brands.

Yes you're right to double check. I would also ring the company to be sure

I get the hay bricks from Galens Garden, they are messy but they are well liked And I trust GG which is a bonus!
    xx
    I'm fundraising for Rabbit Rescue North West

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/rrnw

I get the hay cookies from pets at home as that's all my Oliver will eat apart from his greens and hawthorn.
    Mum to Oliver.

Still spirit mum to my white cloud Lance who died in my arms on 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. So sorry we could not save u my princess . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Love u forever. Poor brave brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016.