Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Clover has cut paw? Take to vet?

  1. #1
    Warren Scout spinecho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    343

    Default Clover has cut paw? Take to vet?

    Clover has cut her paw...looks like she's pulled her nail/claw and she's got blood on paw. My daughter noticed it!

    Doesn't seem to be distressing her.
    Seems to have just done it.

    Think I should phone vet or leave it to heal naturally?

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Warren Scout spinecho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spinecho View Post
    Clover has cut her paw...looks like she's pulled her nail/claw and she's got blood on paw. My daughter noticed it!

    Doesn't seem to be distressing her.
    Seems to have just done it.

    Think I should phone vet or leave it to heal naturally?

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Do I look distressed??? Give me sympathy Hoomin!

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    128,489

    Default

    Have you seen the actual injury ? If it is 'just' a torn nail and the toe is not at a 'strange' angle then it should heal OK. You'll need to keep a close eye on it for any signs of infection. Torn nails can occur if the nails are a bit long, so a pedicure may be a good idea if this were to be the case

  4. #4
    Warren Scout spinecho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Have you seen the actual injury ? If it is 'just' a torn nail and the toe is not at a 'strange' angle then it should heal OK. You'll need to keep a close eye on it for any signs of infection. Torn nails can occur if the nails are a bit long, so a pedicure may be a good idea if this were to be the case
    Thanks.
    It's a torn nail, daft bunny jumped off her shelf too quickly at feeding time!
    Clean cut. She's been cleaning it herself.
    Ironically I'm taking her to vet tomorrow for vaccinations and health check.

    Keeping an eye on her!
    Enjoying some apple!
    Last edited by spinecho; 16-07-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Hi

  5. #5
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    128,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spinecho View Post
    Thanks.
    It's a torn nail, daft bunny jumped off her shelf too quickly at feeding time!
    Clean cut. She's been cleaning it herself.
    Ironically I'm taking her to vet tomorrow for vaccinations and health check.

    Keeping an eye on her!
    Enjoying some apple!
    Well she certainly does not look to be at all bothered by the mishap .It's amazing how much a torn toe nail can bleed !!

  6. #6
    Warren Scout spinecho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Well she certainly does not look to be at all bothered by the mishap .It's amazing how much a torn toe nail can bleed !!
    You're right, looked like a massacre to begin with!! Wondered where all blood was from.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Warren Scout spinecho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Have I got something on my face?!?
    Typical... Clover's had a wash and got blood over her face... Cuddles is keeping away from her in case she gets a taste for bunny blood!!!!

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    29,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spinecho View Post
    Thanks.
    It's a torn nail, daft bunny jumped off her shelf too quickly at feeding time!
    Clean cut. She's been cleaning it herself.
    Ironically I'm taking her to vet tomorrow for vaccinations and health check.

    Keeping an eye on her!
    Enjoying some apple!

    Poor girl!

    A torn nail is one of the most dramatic looking of rabbit 'injuries'

    I hope it's looking OK now - so long as there's no infection (there isn't usually) then there's nothing a vet can do x

  9. #9
    Warren Scout spinecho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Thanks.
    She's fine...as you say looks worse than is! Clean wound.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Warren Veteran keletkezes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    6,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spinecho View Post
    Have I got something on my face?!?
    I laughed at this so much! Aboleth had her nail cut too short by one of our vets: she never ended up looking like this though! Hope it's OK
    The geeky one...



    Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •