• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treats

Chrisrules334

Warren Scout
Hey,

So my mom is over excited about our rabbits and has bought a few treats... I've got the gist that they are frowned upon so figured id post them here for your thoughts:

Something to help their teething...
https://www.viovet.co.uk/Small_N_Furry_Cal_c_Cube_for_Small_Animals/c21953/

Food, ingredients look OK, wheat barley etc no added sugar or anything:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Critters-Choice-Loopy-Loops-Treats/dp/B00383UGZK

And some Lolo pets basic things. Ingredients also look OK in these:
http://en.tiendanimal.es/lolo-pets-basic-fruits-vegetables-food-guinea-p-8264.html

Look OK?

They're not great but if they're not given too many every day they should be fine :) I tend to give dandelions, or pellets individually as a treat

Afraid those aren't really suitable. Shops are in it to make money so come up with all these weird and wonderful things. The best treats are packs of dried forage - such as plantain. I can understand your mum wanting to give them treats, but those do more harm than good. Sorry - yes I frown on them.

Afraid those aren't really suitable. Shops are in it to make money so come up with all these weird and wonderful things. The best treats are packs of dried forage - such as plantain. I can understand your mum wanting to give them treats, but those do more harm than good. Sorry - yes I frown on them.

Yeah - I sort of agree - but looking at the ingredients of all of them they are all au naturale and there's nothing bad in them. I'll just drip feed them over a loooong time so little shouldn't cause any issues!

I'm not sure about mineral stone, but other two don't look very good. Those colourful loops contain colorants and the other one seems to be 'junk' food for rabbits. I would not be giving these to a rabbit, their GI tracts are really sensitive and you could end up with a sick rabbit. Better give them something more natural, like a little piece of carrot, apple or banana, some dandelion, clover or plantain leaves, raspberry and blackcurrant leaves are also good treats. My rabbit likes dill, dried apples and clover leaves. Just try some different ones and you'll see what they like better.

Išsiųsta naudojantis C6903 Tapatalk 4 Lt

I'm not sure about mineral stone, but other two don't look very good. Those colourful loops contain colorants and the other one seems to be 'junk' food for rabbits. I would not be giving these to a rabbit, their GI tracts are really sensitive and you could end up with a sick rabbit. Better give them something more natural, like a little piece of carrot, apple or banana, some dandelion, clover or plantain leaves, raspberry and blackcurrant leaves are also good treats. My rabbit likes dill, dried apples and clover leaves. Just try some different ones and you'll see what they like better.

Completely agree with you and understand that all of the above are better...! I will say in an argument 'for' (or not against them) - we used to give a stick to my old rabbit once every couple of days and he only had to go to the vets twice in his life (the second time to be put down at the age of 11/12ish)!

I will wait and see - they will probably be too busy chomping through the Timothy Hay anyway!

He was probably a very healthy rabbit indeed [emoji4] But it's not like they need treats anyway, they can eat their regular food and be totally happy about it. But in my opinion, why to give something that could make them sick? Better safe than sorry I guess.

Back