• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello all!

Charlotte073

New Kit
Hi I'm completely new to the forum and very soon to be a rabbit owner and so am doing as much reading up as humanly possible. I am very pleased to see this is such a welcoming and kind community and hope I can get to know you all over tim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Charlotte :wave: and prepare to become obsessed with all things bunny but especially poo and hay. :lol:

Hi I'm completely new to the forum and very soon to be a rabbit owner and so am doing as much reading up as humanly possible. I am very pleased to see this is such a welcoming and kind community and hope I can get to know you all over tim.

Welcome :wave:

Reading the Forum can keep you entertained for hours if not days .. weeks .... :lol:

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Welcome Charlotte :wave: and prepare to become obsessed with all things bunny but especially poo and hay. :lol:

I think I'm already there to be honest with you! But I'm extremely excited to be able to welcome the little fluff to our family

Welcome :wave:

Reading the Forum can keep you entertained for hours if not days .. weeks .... :lol:

I have been lurking for a little while and realise that there is so much more that I will learn over the time but thankfully we have such great resources such as this site. I have a feeling I'll be around here for a long time yet.

Hey, welcome

Any help you need? We're expecting our first two bunnies next week so are fully clued up...!

I'm not too sure yet on what I need but I'm sure I'll soon think of something!

Last edited:
Hello Charlotte. Did you know that rabbits value companionship (of other rabbits) as highly as they value food?

I have a group of four rabbits and they are always cuddled up either in pairs or as a group.

Perhaps you would consider getting two. A ready bonded (and neutered/spayed) pair from a reputable rescue is the least stress free way to go about it imo.

Welcome Charlotte! Do you know what sort of bunnies you'll be getting?

Hi Monty's Human, I absolutely love the dwarf lop but I'm completely open to having my heart stolen away by and type of bunny. I think it will be whoever I fall for to be honest :)

Hello Charlotte! :wave:

Hi Sarahbun! :wave: lovely to meet you.

Hello Charlotte. Did you know that rabbits value companionship (of other rabbits) as highly as they value food?

I have a group of four rabbits and they are always cuddled up either in pairs or as a group.

Perhaps you would consider getting two. A ready bonded (and neutered/spayed) pair from a reputable rescue is the least stress free way to go about it imo.

I have been thinking a lot about this actually, and I certainly agree that having them already bonded and snipped would be the most stress free way to go about it, especially as I would worry about them not bonding and then being a little stuck to be able to give them both adequate space and attention each.

Do you know of any rescue centres in the West Midlands of the UK?

Hello :wave: welcome to the forum!

Hi Olices, thank you for the welcome. I'm really enjoying it here so far

I am adopting two from Walsall this week :) they've been really good so far!

I've been looking in areas close to myself and seem to be a little out of luck as I can't drive myself. I am hoping to rescue over just going to pets @ home or a breeder though

I've been looking in areas close to myself and seem to be a little out of luck as I can't drive myself. I am hoping to rescue over just going to pets @ home or a breeder though

Maybe someone could give you a lift to a Rescue?

I wouldn't buy from a breeder either. I would consider those rabbits up for adoption in Pets@Home though ...

BTW - you're exceptionally good at multiple quoting :thumb:

After all these years I still haven't worked out how to do it :lol:

Maybe someone could give you a lift to a Rescue?

I wouldn't buy from a breeder either. I would consider those rabbits up for adoption in Pets@Home though ...

BTW - you're exceptionally good at multiple quoting :thumb:

After all these years I still haven't worked out how to do it :lol:

My partner is hopefully going to pass his test on the 31st of this month (due to my mental illness and benefits it's taken us a very long time to get established with this sort of thing) which im finding really exciting so perhaps we could wait until then.

Although we have a pets@home just around the corner that my mum would help me with, and I will admit to having looked at the little ones more than once.

I actually haven't worked out an easy way to do the multiple quotes properly yet on mobile I just copy and paste until I have them all haha.

It can be just as hard to find a good breeder as it is to find a good rescue IME, sadly. I'd like to go to either one - I don't think there's anything wrong with a good breeder - but I don't drive either so it's a bit tricky.

Free ads are a good way to rescue bunnies needing homes as well, though maybe not quite as convenient as a rescue in terms of them being already neutered, health checked etc :)

It can be just as hard to find a good breeder as it is to find a good rescue IME, sadly. I'd like to go to either one - I don't think there's anything wrong with a good breeder - but I don't drive either so it's a bit tricky.

Free ads are a good way to rescue bunnies needing homes as well, though maybe not quite as convenient as a rescue in terms of them being already neutered, health checked etc :)

They are, yes. But you can't take them back if they don't bond or you can't cope with them, as you can with a rescue :)

Back