Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vet appointment for luna tomorrow! U/D

Quote Originally Posted by binkyCodie View Post
    thank you so much MM! i'll for sure look into those! ♥ they do look rather painful and i feel sorry for her, currently they're bright red and warm to touch, she also does not agree with you touching them at all so i would presume they're a bit painful. perhaps i'll go with the pain managing one for now, and see how that goes. if not i'll invest in the spray

its just getting it on the dang rabbit... maybe i'll invest in baby socks again (that lasted four minutes before she peed on them!)

You're welcome BC

Baby socks would be fine if you could get them to stay on the feet quite apart from the weeing and nibbling

For my french lop who had sore hocks I made bootees. I still have them - I made a paper pattern then made several pairs. He just loved going around the garden, even in the rain, so he had not only warm ones, but waterproof ones too. I also made cotton socks (with elasticated ankles) to go inside the boots to be washed twice daily so his feet stayed nice and dry. His socks and boots were always drying on the radiators

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    You're welcome BC

Baby socks would be fine if you could get them to stay on the feet quite apart from the weeing and nibbling

For my french lop who had sore hocks I made bootees. I still have them - I made a paper pattern then made several pairs. He just loved going around the garden, even in the rain, so he had not only warm ones, but waterproof ones too. I also made cotton socks (with elasticated ankles) to go inside the boots to be washed twice daily so his feet stayed nice and dry. His socks and boots were always drying on the radiators
    yeah, peeing and nibbling is the main problem, or she pulls them off and throws em very adorable to watch. she is more affectionate now though, so maybe i can get them on and pet her for 20 minutes and that should do the trick! that or i'll buy some cheap self adhesive bandages and wrap those around. i just want them to stay on so the cream can go in and not just rub off on the carpet.

the booties sound adorable! i wish i was more creative with fabric and whatnot. i'd love to make her some little booties or socks! maybe i can do some research. i did make snoopy a blanket measured for his cage and a little hut for him! had to throw the hut out though in the end as it was peed to death on

out of curiosity do you have any pictures of your lop with the booties ? ♥ or the booties in general?

follow us on instagram! @binky.hams

Quote Originally Posted by binkyCodie View Post
    yeah, peeing and nibbling is the main problem, or she pulls them off and throws em very adorable to watch. she is more affectionate now though, so maybe i can get them on and pet her for 20 minutes and that should do the trick! that or i'll buy some cheap self adhesive bandages and wrap those around. i just want them to stay on so the cream can go in and not just rub off on the carpet.

the booties sound adorable! i wish i was more creative with fabric and whatnot. i'd love to make her some little booties or socks! maybe i can do some research. i did make snoopy a blanket measured for his cage and a little hut for him! had to throw the hut out though in the end as it was peed to death on

out of curiosity do you have any pictures of your lop with the booties ? ♥ or the booties in general?

Well making a blanket and a hut sound quite inventive Why do rabbits feel they have to pee on things?

I do have the booties, and the socks. I never kept my children's first booties, but I did keep my first rabbit's booties

I don't have any mechanism for posting photos here I'm afraid ...
    I seem to remember he had a 5" hock and a very slim ankle though