• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

R. I. P. Ghibli

ghibli

Warren Scout
The problem with a box full of carbon is that you can't hug it, and it can never ever let you know that it loves you 😢
647b2f4700fe595575bf9ff71ec8c2d4.jpg
eab117a23216709d123c25732602e5f1.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Huge hugs. He will always be in your heart, part of the spirit of who you are, just as you were a wonderful part of his life. He looks so peaceful there. Its really hard I know, some gaps can never be filled xx

The problem with a box full of carbon is that you can't hug it, and it can never ever let you know that it loves you 😢
647b2f4700fe595575bf9ff71ec8c2d4.jpg
eab117a23216709d123c25732602e5f1.jpg

Gosh those photos reduced me to tears. Perhaps chiming in with my own losses ... Thank you for posting them though, I think he looks lovely in his everlasting sleep.

Somewhere and somehow I believe they do let us know they still love us.

Hugs for you both x

Gosh those photos reduced me to tears. Perhaps chiming in with my own losses ... Thank you for posting them though, I think he looks lovely in his everlasting sleep.

Somewhere and somehow I believe they do let us know they still love us.

Hugs for you both x
Before he became ill and stopped eating he became incredibly affectionate, like he knew that it was all coming to an end, and he wanted to say goodbye! I didn't want to listen because I didn't want it to be true 😢

I kept believing he'd get better, but he didn't. I found him at 4am and I held him for two and a half hours before he died in my arms.

I don't know if he was ever in any pain, but when he passed he looked so peaceful. I was stroking him the whole time, telling him how much I loved him.

There's a part of me that wishes I'd set up some lighting and actually taken a decent photograph of him, but all I could do was reach for my mobile phone.

I'd planned on taking some shots of him for his Facebook page. I'd planned on doing so many things, but there's never enough time!
f9782b23fbc6725636914714e4ff2ab0.jpg

Sending hugs. He knew that he was loved and you gave him the best possible care. He'll always be in your heart and will never truly leave you xxx

It's a beautiful photo, it means so much to you that no lighting could ever improve it.
He looks peaceful and would have known how much you love him I'm sure.

I'm sorry for your loss xx

Thank you so much​ everyone for your kind words and sentiments <3

Sending you all the love in the world. There's no pain like it. Losing beloved rabbits has pushed me to take more (and better) photos. Unfortunately, you can't go back in time and do those things you always meant to do. I hope, at least, that Ghibli is with you in spirit. xxx

Reading of the loss of Ghibli wrenched my heart. What a beautiful little soul he was. I am so sorry you did not have more time with him. :cry:
Your words in your first post have brought tears to my eyes. :cry: But even if his body has gone, his spirit is still with you and will always be. Bless you. (((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))

Farewell for now, Ghibli. Sleep well. xxxxxxx

I'm so sorry. He was beautiful and looks so peaceful. It's heartbreaking but your bond gave you the last two and a half hours close together. xxxx

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I am so sorry you lost your beautiful boy. You were lucky to have found such a soul who was handsome on the outside and beautiful on the inside. He was lucky to have you and the wonderful care he received.
It is hard to let go and I hope that your memories will keep you warm after the initial shock of your loss goes away.

Thank you everyone for all your kind thoughts, and your help getting Twinkle [emoji92] through her illness. In all honesty I don't actually remember posting this, and I apologise for that as well. I've been really depressed. Nearly loosing Twinkle [emoji92] made me realise that I love Ghibli, and while loosing him hurt, there was and still is a rabbit who needs love right now to get well and be happy. She's off all the medication [and I say that with my fingers crossed] and is bouncing around, exploring and climbing on sofas. I think Ghibli would like that.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for all your kind thoughts, and your help getting Twinkle [emoji92] through her illness. In all honesty I don't actually remember posting this, and I apologise for that as well. I've been really depressed. Nearly loosing Twinkle [emoji92] made me realise that I love Ghibli, and while loosing him hurt, there was and still is a rabbit who needs love right now to get well and be happy. She's off all the medication [and I say that with my fingers crossed] and is bouncing around, exploring and climbing on sofas. I think Ghibli would like that.

I am sure he would xx

Back