• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is he doing this?!

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Bit of a weird one but I'm currently dog sitting for my parents and the bunnies have been left in the very capable hands of my o/h :)
I'm now 3 days in but since I left Sylar has been jumping up on our bed in the night and leaving poops on my pillow!
Is he missing me? Is he cross with me?! Any other suggestions?
:lol:
X

I wouldn't put it past him!

Apparently he has been jumping up on the bed a lot through the night as well. He doesn't usually do that so it is a bit weird!

Bit of a weird one but I'm currently dog sitting for my parents and the bunnies have been left in the very capable hands of my o/h :)
I'm now 3 days in but since I left Sylar has been jumping up on our bed in the night and leaving poops on my pillow!
X

Monty started doing this last week, although in his case it's urinating. He mainly does it wherever there's space - he'll jump up a few times in the night, and insert himself wherever he can, so if you don't wake up in time to catch him he'll leave a little "gift". It could be that he's doing it on your pillow just because it's easier while you aren't there?

Monty started doing this last week, although in his case it's urinating. He mainly does it wherever there's space - he'll jump up a few times in the night, and insert himself wherever he can, so if you don't wake up in time to catch him he'll leave a little "gift". It could be that he's doing it on your pillow just because it's easier while you aren't there?

Both Hiro and Sylar did this when we moved our bedroom around. They weren't happy with the new lay out and let us know by weeing on our bed at every available opportunity. We were determined to stick it out and to show them who was boss so we actually slept under a tarpaulin for about 3 weeks :lol: It didn't stop and eventually we had to give in and move everything back to where it was before :oops::roll::lol:

Both Hiro and Sylar did this when we moved our bedroom around. They weren't happy with the new lay out and let us know by weeing on our bed at every available opportunity. We were determined to stick it out and to show them who was boss so we actually slept under a tarpaulin for about 3 weeks :lol: It didn't stop and eventually we had to give in and move everything back to where it was before :oops::roll::lol:

that will be your bunnies then? :lol:

X

I think there's some claiming going on there. He's asserting his dominance over you. I wonder if he would do it to OH? I've found sometimes male rabbits try to dominate me, but don't care about dominating OH :lol:

Damn it.
I was so hoping he was doing it because he is missing his mummy! Haha!
Well my o/h works nights and he's rarely home until the morning... he's never done it on his pillows :censored:

I think there's some claiming going on there. He's asserting his dominance over you. I wonder if he would do it to OH? I've found sometimes male rabbits try to dominate me, but don't care about dominating OH :lol:

Well, now I feel unloved! Monty very specifically did it on my pillow the first time, but last night he was definitely after my partner's pillow until I shooed him away, bleary eyed. Hence me thinking he was just going where convenient. Perhaps he just hates/loves both of us? :D

roxyroller88 - I'm sure he misses you in his own way! Perhaps he's just trying to "own" you so that when you return he can forbid you from ever leaving him again?

he might have been on RU and seen you refer to the bed as yours...big mistake, its theirs silly :lol:

Well, now I feel unloved! Monty very specifically did it on my pillow the first time, but last night he was definitely after my partner's pillow until I shooed him away, bleary eyed. Hence me thinking he was just going where convenient. Perhaps he just hates/loves both of us? :D

roxyroller88 - I'm sure he misses you in his own way! Perhaps he's just trying to "own" you so that when you return he can forbid you from ever leaving him again?

Definitely forbid you from ever using that pillow again :shock:

:lol: :lol:

I would love to get inside their heads for a day.
Sy does treat me differently to my o/h as well... He demands more strokes and cuddles from me and he loves nothing more than lying in his tunnel getting hand fed strands of hay.
The more I think about it the more this comes to mind... :lol:

24qpco1.jpg

I'd love to know their thoughts for a day too (don't want to be intrusive). Going back a while when we shared our bedroom for a few months all three of mine would bound all over my body - I'm sure Boo had a game of going from neck to ankles & back again at high speed without falling off - but never more than one paw on my OH. Why? He always said "its cos they respect me" - I don't want to believe that though . They seem to enjoy cuddles from us equally though.

It sounds like Sy might have a "deeper" relationship with you than your OH

I would love to get inside their heads for a day.
Sy does treat me differently to my o/h as well... He demands more strokes and cuddles from me and he loves nothing more than lying in his tunnel getting hand fed strands of hay.
The more I think about it the more this comes to mind... :lol:

24qpco1.jpg

Gosh I have one like this too :roll:

We call him Nero. That's not his real name :lol:

Back