Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else's garden.....?

Default Does anyone else's garden.....?

.... resemble a junk yard ?

I love, love, love our rabbits, but the garden is a state. A mish mash of different sheds, playhouses and runs, unfinished projects, mesh, various pieces of cage, planks of wood, bins full of waste that need taking to the tip , no nice fresh grass anymore, and a variety of different covers and tarpaulins and all manor of things holding them down! x

Mama Doe

So you've been round here, then?

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeB's View Post
    .... resemble a junk yard ?

I love, love, love our rabbits, but the garden is a state. A mish mash of different sheds, playhouses and runs, unfinished projects, mesh, various pieces of cage, planks of wood, bins full of waste that need taking to the tip , no nice fresh grass anymore, and a variety of different covers and tarpaulins and all manor of things holding them down! x

Hmmmmm.... I sympathise!!! My fostering has led to all kinds of sheds/runs/huge dog pens used for rabbits ... etc etc. But ......

This is the summer of my cleaning up the garden

I am having three sheds taken down and another large double one built. I have been working day in and day out for a lovely garden and it's just beginning to come together.

Yes we have 2 tool sheds, a bike shed, goat shed and hay shed and log store in the goats bit. And lots of pieces of wood and fencing in a pile. There's a pile of stuff for burning, which the goats like climbing on there's also a plastic playhouse which Pumpkin is doing his best to destroy by ramming it with his horns several times a day

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

The joys of an indoor bunny! Our flat is in a rather horrid state (my mum has horrors whenever she visits) but we keep the outside nice. Unfortunately, even though it's our own private bit, it's open to the communal area, so it's constantly covered in dog droppings that the owner never clears up (from our bit or the communal bit) and cigarette rubbish - but I do my best outside of that to keep it nice...

Ha Glad I'm not alone. I can't really see a way to make it better, I just kind of move things around. I thought about painting all the sheds etc green so they all match and blend in, but realistically it's probably not going to happen.

It's about to get worse as ive just ordered another run and a 16ft tunnel and connectors

Quote Originally Posted by Monty's Human View Post
    The joys of an indoor bunny! Our flat is in a rather horrid state (my mum has horrors whenever she visits) but we keep the outside nice. Unfortunately, even though it's our own private bit, it's open to the communal area, so it's constantly covered in dog droppings that the owner never clears up (from our bit or the communal bit) and cigarette rubbish - but I do my best outside of that to keep it nice...
    See, I have an indoor bun too So there's always hay everywhere. Luckily he's good at going to the toilet in his litter trays.

Shame you have to put up with that MH x

I don't have outdoor rabbits any more but have Frosty indoors, so yes, there's hay inside too

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Mama Doe

I find tall shrubs are useful to disguise some of the less neat areas, and provide shade for the bunnies. It also helps to stop people being so nosey when they go past / look at Google Streetview.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty's Human View Post

Indeed! I am currently dealing with the fall out from indoor rabbit destruction

Hay is the least of my worries

Mama Doe

Haha yep, but it's all our own doing, no outdoor bunnies here to blame! Well, I do have a playhouse out there that was for them to move out into but they never did, that is now a storage (junk) shed. I sold their huge aviary to my sister for her chickens, and I have a big hutch on its end holding up the fence from next door that's caving in on us. Heightwise I ordered the wrong size hutch, it was going to cost 85 to send back so I thought I'd sell it, I didn't. OH wrapped it in cling wrap which basically the water that did get in has caused it to rot and now it's no good to anyone.

Ours is definitely a very slow work in progress..... No thanks to issues we've unearthed thanks to the previous owner.

Thank you Deelove for my signature!

Make 2015 in 2015 ~ 144.49