• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellets - where from?

Chrisrules334

Warren Scout
I notice you have all found the best value and quality hay at Timothyhay.co.uk...

So Where's the best place for pellets :)? Assume you buy a tonne at once as they last ages?

We feed Science Selective, our two share 12g (a eggcup full) a day, a bag of pellets lasts for ages.
The majority of their pellets are individually hand fed throughout the day

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I buy the smallest bag of excel as an eggcup full per day means the bag lasts for ages. I keep it in a sealed tub. I buy baled hay meant for horses as it's good quality , much cheaper and my rabbits have always preferred it to any other!

Pellets form such a small part of a rabbit's diet that I don't think it is worth buying a large bag.

I buy Science Selective from Amazon, it's £19 for a 10kg bag. Tbh I get most things from Amazon as we have Prime x

I feed Science Selective as well and buy 10kg bags from Notcutts when they are on offer and get them delivered. Usually costs about £13 per bag I think and then about £5 for postage.

I buy harringtons pellets from amazon. 10kg is 13.00 delivered (pound sign wont work on my keyboard ... ). We have amazon prime.

We buy Burgess Excel nuggets for adult rabbits "with mint" from Pets at Home, or our local pet shop, the 2kg size. It's around £5 and lasts a good couple of months I think, if not longer - I've never really made a note to be honest. We just keep it in a tub with a lid, it's not airtight but it still crunches when we get to the bottom. They eat it anyway and they are fusspots so it must be alright! We keep it in the house though, so I don't know if that makes a difference (the bunnies are outdoors).

Back