• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pebbles 2006/7 - 2017.

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday was the end of an era for me, and while my heart is broken, it is also full of happiness and gratefulness that this little lady managed to live such a long, healthy, happy life.

Many of you won't know me at all, but some of you from back in the day will. Pebbles came to me in 2007, as a young rabbit from the RSPCA. I don't know how old she was, she wasn't a baby, but she was less than 18 months old. She bonded with Domino instantly, groomed him and flopped behind him. She had many pairings over the years, due to trios, and illnesses, but ultimately she only rabbit she truly loved was her Domino. When he passes a year ago, and she lost her sight, and then subsequently her eye, I thought she wouldn't be "Pebbles" again. But she was, she found happiness with Benji, and she lived another full, happy and active nine months. In the last four weeks, she went downhill, and I made the decision yesterday to let her go to the bridge.

I have had to say goodbye to Peanut Butter, Jelly, and Domino by making that decision, and yesterday it felt so different. Sat in my arms, she groomed me as she grew tired, and fell asleep with her little mouth still on my hand. It was her time, and I will miss her more than words can say. My original four, the four I joined RU with, have now gone, and I am grateful I had them in my life.

I don't really post anymore, but each one of my rabbits have had a tribute, so it only seemed fitting that Pebbles had one too. She was my little wallflower, my gentle girl with the purest heart, she never bit me, never grunted at me in her whole life. In her younger days, she wasn't a people bunny, I never really had a bond with her in the same way I did my other three, although I loved her as much. As she got older, she grew to like me, and when she moved indoors to be with Domino again, she finally began to really trust me. And in the last year, we grew so close.

I'll miss her so much. But I am so, so grateful she had the life we hope for when we adopt these animals into our lives.

Sleep well Pebbles, go find your soulmate. (And his mother, sorry about that.)

I remember your tales of Pebbles and your other gorgeous bunnies. So sorry that you had to let her go xxx

Back