• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Possible EC advice please

Okay so should I be concerned? :(
ab5cfb1af50ac73764e5aada893252d2.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I would keep a *very* close eye on it. It looks OK for the time being, as in the vet wouldn't probably be able to do anything to make it better? Just make sure she doesn't open the wound. It could be healing well underneath what you see there :)

Thanks for responding, really worried about her - doesn't seem to be getting worse - worried she'll get an infection :( vets not open til Monday morning not sure whether to wait til then or take her to somewhere else, but they are rubbish with rabbits :(

I don't think that it looks too bad. It has probably done a fair bit of healing underneath. I would keep a close eye on it though like MightyMax has already suggested.

I've only just caught up on your thread and I have to say that you have two incredibly beautiful rabbits! :love:

Yes you're both probably right haha its just after everything she's been through I just kinda panicked. Been keeping a close eye on it doesn't seem to be getting worse but there is more like a red line now rather than two small sections, but doesn't look deep. Just going to see how it goes :)

Thanks for the advice and thank you :) Clementine has always looked stunning but the boy Atticus was quite under weight when I got him but now he looks so much better :) x

Yes you're both probably right haha its just after everything she's been through I just kinda panicked. Been keeping a close eye on it doesn't seem to be getting worse but there is more like a red line now rather than two small sections, but doesn't look deep. Just going to see how it goes :)

Thanks for the advice and thank you :) Clementine has always looked stunning but the boy Atticus was quite under weight when I got him but now he looks so much better :) x

It's much better to be over-cautious than otherwise, I agree. Try and rest easy. Wounds always heal from the inside out, so unless it's freshly bleeding or she's picking at it, I'm sure it will be fine :)

They really do!
My baby had TECABO surgery and they left the wound open to heal from the inside out. We actually needed it to heal much more slowly than it did so we had to slow it down by cleaning it and removing any outer scabs! Within a week it was pretty much closed on the inside. They heal much quicker than you think :)
Keep a close eye though, better to be over cautious than under! I'm sure nothing will get past you :)
Xx

Oh wow, you're probably right about the healing time - hope your bunny recovered :)

I personally think the stitches have dissolved a little too quick in those areas because the other leg is closed up still. Also the leg that has visible blood now didn't have a day ago but you could see the stitches then, now you can't. Just had another look doesn't seem to be getting worse hopefully it'll scab over and everything will be good :) thanks for the perspective I've never dealt with anything other than a spay wound before on a dog which healed fine no issues so I'm not used to all of this haha :) xx

Oh wow, you're probably right about the healing time - hope your bunny recovered :)

I personally think the stitches have dissolved a little too quick in those areas because the other leg is closed up still. Also the leg that has visible blood now didn't have a day ago but you could see the stitches then, now you can't. Just had another look doesn't seem to be getting worse hopefully it'll scab over and everything will be good :) thanks for the perspective I've never dealt with anything other than a spay wound before on a dog which healed fine no issues so I'm not used to all of this haha :) xx

Bunnies can be fragile as you know, once something gets a grip of them.

At least you have us and your vet to reassure you.

You're doing brilliantly well :)

Yes that's the scary thing about bunnies haha and yes thank you so much :) x

Updating this, dropped Clementine off this morning she's being put out for xrays today, hopefully they'll show that her legs have healed nicely and she'll be allowed more space really nervous but hoping she's all good x

Updating this, dropped Clementine off this morning she's being put out for xrays today, hopefully they'll show that her legs have healed nicely and she'll be allowed more space really nervous but hoping she's all good x

Vibes for Clementine :D

And hugs for you :love:

Hahaha thank you both :) they've just called and said she's perfect, everything's exactly how it should be :) so I can go pick her up :D I'm so glad for her she's gunna love being able to run around again :D x

Hahaha thank you both :) they've just called and said she's perfect, everything's exactly how it should be :) so I can go pick her up :D I'm so glad for her she's gunna love being able to run around again :D x

Fabulous news !! :D

Yes :D she's in her bigger cage now eating lots of different hays :D

Amazing - that's such good news Gracie :D

Wonderful news! You must be SO relieved to finally let her have more space to hop around in. And she's going to be thrilled, of course.
Happy hopping , Clementine!

Yes I am :D Thank you :) she was out on the grass this morning hopping around then she did loads of binkys in succession :D she looked so happy :)

Yes I am :D Thank you :) she was out on the grass this morning hopping around then she did loads of binkys in succession :D she looked so happy :)

I am so pleased!

You and your rabbits deserve lots of good luck from now on :D

Back