• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Possible EC advice please

Yea I just hope she wasn't like it long I mean it had only been 30 minutes since I last checked on her and I was in the same room but she looked so helpless poor thing :(

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It could have been a fit but it could just be that she is feeling really dizzy and rolled into that position and couldn't get out of it.
I can't remember if you have reduced her space down but you might want to do that now and maube add in some towel bumpers so that she doesn't hurt herself. If it is down to dizziness then you could ask your vet to prescribe you Stemetil.
Have you managed to get an appointment with a rabbit savvy vet?
Xx

And yes she's in an tiny cruel cage :( works for her tho as it's padded with hay and straw and she can't get into too much trouble

And yes she's in an tiny cruel cage :( works for her tho as it's padded with hay and straw and she can't get into too much trouble

Aaah. Padded with hay and straw could actually be a reason why you found her on her back. If she has hind leg weakness or any kind of balance issues then try to keep her flooring level. Anything uneven beneath her feet may actually cause her to topple over. Try lining the cage with a blanket or a towel for traction but again make sure that it can't slip and slide beneath her feet.
Good luck for the vets today :) I'm sure I'll speak to you later and we can discuss housing a little more in detail then! Xx

Last edited:
Okay so I saw the vet - just want to thank everyone so so so so soooooooo much for recommending him. Like I don't have the words haha :) anyway she doesn't have EC. Both her knee caps have slipped out of place - there's only been one reported case of it before in rabbits and he's going to operate to fix it :D and she should be able to recover. Hop normally. And lead a normal life :D so just thank you to everyone :D x

Wow! Good rabbit vets are worth their weight in gold. Glad you got some answers and hope that you are feeling better about everything! Xx

Yea just got to wait a bit as it can't be done next week but I'm so happy she'll hopefully be okay :) x

Okay so I saw the vet - just want to thank everyone so so so so soooooooo much for recommending him. Like I don't have the words haha :) anyway she doesn't have EC. Both her knee caps have slipped out of place - there's only been one reported case of it before in rabbits and he's going to operate to fix it :D and she should be able to recover. Hop normally. And lead a normal life :D so just thank you to everyone :D x

Good grief! I am so pleased you saw a good vet to diagnose that condition. Amazing.

Well done you and the wonderful William :)

Yes I'm so pleased, only thing is they can't operate til the 26th so she needs constant care until then just have to figure something out for that I guess

Just waiting to drop her off now for her op really nervous :(

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Thank you, gawd leaving her was so hard - they said they'd call at 3pm to let me know how she is.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Back