• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Possible EC advice please

Oo yea that would be easy thanks so much for the recommendation :)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

She's drinking a lot :( everytime I pick up the bowl and take it to her she lunges forward to drink :( this is every hour - is this normal?

She's drinking a lot :( everytime I pick up the bowl and take it to her she lunges forward to drink :( this is every hour - is this normal?

I'd discuss it with your vet when you get an appointment :) Get her one as soon as possible, even if its just to set your mind at rest. A good Rabbit vet will know what to do and what steps to take. You might want to consider getting some bloods done to see if there is something else going on. Xx

Last edited:
William Lewis is no longer at Brentwood, he is at Vets4Pets Maldon. I use Earls Hall vets in Southend who have been brilliant with my megacolon bunny

She's had bloods done but they don't show anything unless sent off that would be relevant apparently. Ah shame he isn't there anymore thanks for letting me know tho :)

The place in Brentwood says they do exotics tho so maybe still worth a try :)

William Lewis is meant to be a good vet too. I think he works at Vets4Pets Braintree. I'm just double checking for you. Xx

Thank you I'm currently taking them both the vets4pets romford as that was the closest to where I was with her when she got sick :( but lots of the vets there didn't seem to know much about bunnies :(

Unfortunately thats often the case. I've heard very good things about William though. Just waiting to hear off someone from the help tilt fb group and then I'll let you know. Or maybe give them a call and see if he is still there :) I know he was not long ago.

Thank you well it'll take about an hour but that's doable if he's good :) I asked to join that group btw :)

Ah good I'm going to book an appointment with him then hopefully :)

Moves around a lot doesn't he? :lol:
That's from a girl that is currently seeing him with her head tilt bun though so I think that's where he is now :)
Just realised that he's already been suggested. Doh! At least we know where he is now... maybe! Call them both :lol:

Yes, just to clarify - William was originally at Orchid vets Brentwood - then he moved to work at Vets4Pets Maldon and Braintree, and now he's moved back to Orchid Vets. He's become clinical director of the Best Friends Group, of which Orchid vets is part :D

That's great that's for confirming that :D btw 10 hops in a row! Dodgy ones but she's moving :D

Good girl :) Any progress is good!
The girl that I was speaking to earlier said that they are very busy and she was struggling to even get through on the phone this morning. She couldn't get an appointment until tomorrow so maybe worth ringing asap :)

Just found her a little while ago upside down like her legs were over her head and she couldn't move :( I've no idea how she got into that state but I got her up and bathed her then put her on the grass and she hopped a few times :( could it have been a fit? Or maybe she over balanced grooming? I've no ideas :(

Could be a fit. That can be a resilt of e.c. I had a bun have a big seizure without warning one day and lost the use of her front legs. She recovered but still leans to one side and sometimes forgets where her legs are.
I'd get her to the rabbit savvy vet asap just to make sure she's on the right course of treatment.

Just found her a little while ago upside down like her legs were over her head and she couldn't move :( I've no idea how she got into that state but I got her up and bathed her then put her on the grass and she hopped a few times :( could it have been a fit? Or maybe she over balanced grooming? I've no ideas :(

Worrying for you. Yes it may have been a fit, but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion, or that it will happen again. I hope it doesn't!

Hope she can see a good vet really soon x

Back