• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Possible EC advice please

Op went well apparently :D get to collect her soon :) :) really hope she's okay when I go get her :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Yea I feel so bad the cage I've got is so tiny feels cruel, but it does ensure she doesn't move much and she can't run in it at all

Thanks :) she's drank a little and ate a couple of pellets but not many and had a little hay, not sure if I should be worried she's not eating more but she must feel rough :( she looks really bad all blood on her and stuff hard to see her looking like that - should I gently clean it off? I really don't want to hurt her :( she's on tramadol and something else that starts with L? It's for dogs it says on the packet. Both painkillers so hope they help.

Thanks :) she's drank a little and ate a couple of pellets but not many and had a little hay, not sure if I should be worried she's not eating more but she must feel rough :( she looks really bad all blood on her and stuff hard to see her looking like that - should I gently clean it off? I really don't want to hurt her :( she's on tramadol and something else that starts with L? It's for dogs it says on the packet. Both painkillers so hope they help.

Yes, she's probably feeling rough, as you say. Poor darling.

If you feel you should clean the blood away (and she obviously doesn't feel up to doing it herself) then I would soak a cotton wool pad in lukewarm water and very gently dab. But I think it would be OK to leave it over night. Look at it again in the morning.

Yes Tramadol is good pain relief for her.

Did the vet say to syringe feed her if she didn't eat? You could try some recovery food with some organic baby food, or mash up some pellets. Try a few porridge oats (just dry) or some strong smelling herbs - coriander, parsley, mint, dill ....

Vibes for you both. You must be worried about her xx

I've got critical care to give her, which I just gave her some of. I'm hoping she'll eat tomorrow because her appetite is huge normally. The tramadol is in tablet form, any suggestions on how to administer that? Haha
Very worried about her but she's a tough cookie though so far :)

I've got critical care to give her, which I just gave her some of. I'm hoping she'll eat tomorrow because her appetite is huge normally. The tramadol is in tablet form, any suggestions on how to administer that? Haha

You can crush it up and mix it with a drop of apple juice and then syringe it into Bunny's mouth. Or mix the crushed tablet into some grated carrot/grated apple xx

I am glad she's a tough cookie!

You could ask your vet for liquid Tramadol in future, if she needs to keep taking it. It's available, although I'm not sure why more vets don't stock it.

I would crush it up and mix it with a small amount of organic baby food. My lot like Ella's Kitchen bananas and blueberries :D
I find the baby food useful as mine also don't care for the taste of CC on it's own!

I'm not sure if she likes or dislikes the CC she's had it twice so far haha this morning I crushed the tramadol up and added some water

Whoops accidentally sent that...

Added some water then used a syringe I think she got 95% of it there was a tiny bit in the syringe I couldn't get out.. Might have to get some of that baby food! It's so hectic here I'm moving house tomorrow and I'm so not ready and worried about her :( not a good combo, that's for all the suggestions so far though :D x

With the baby food method, she'd have to eat it herself? Maybe I'll try her with a bit first because she doesn't seem that interested in food which is so unlike her :(

Graciee;6935509[B said:
]With the baby food method, she'd have to eat it herself?[/B] Maybe I'll try her with a bit first because she doesn't seem that interested in food which is so unlike her :(

No, not necessarily. You can get it up into the syringe for her. It's a puree and comes in pouches:

https://shop.ellaskitchen.co.uk/products/blueberries-apples-bananas-vanilla

Lots of different varieties :D

Someone on here also used strawberry Ribena to flavour some nasty meds, and it worked a treat :)

Back