• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Additional run - can it be shared?

Trufflesmum

Young Bun
Hi, I have an established bonded pair that live on my patio with shed, run and runaround set up. I've also acquired another female bun and have set her up on the patio with large double hutch and run. I've only had her a few weeks (rescued from some unsavoury tenants :( ). She's booked in for her spay at the end of July and we then plan to bond (hoping to get a neutered male from a rescue), so will have two bonded pairs.
Here's where I could do with some advice. I have a large garden but the drop from the patio is quite steep. I've bought some more runaround tubing but am a bit concerned about the drop and the subsequent climb up. I could easily get an extra large run in the garden instead so they could have some time on the grass. Do you think the bonded pairs could take it in turns in the extra large run or would the smell of the others trouble them? The bonded pair are quite close in proximity to the single female at the moment on the patio and I have seen no disturbed behaviour from either. Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:
Hello! I have 2 bonded pairs as well, they can see each other from their permanent set ups and take turns with supervised time in the garden.
I've found when one pair is out, the other pair can get annoyed and chase each other a bit. They do calm down but need watching closely. It's hard to know as they're all different!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. It is difficult I know as their personalities are so different. I would feel bad though if only one pair could use it in the end!

Thanks for your reply. It is difficult I know as their personalities are so different. I would feel bad though if only one pair could use it in the end!
Will the ones who are not using it be able to see the others when they're in it? For me that was the main sticking point, they're happy to go around chinning everything again when it's their turn just get annoyed when they think they're missing out or their territory is being invaded. Maybe just screening one side with tarp or something would do the trick 😊

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks once again for your advice. I've come up with another problem now - in the last few weeks I have had several wild rabbits in the garden munching my grass and dandelions. Bearing in mind that Vaccinations are never 100% effective (years ago I had several cats who all contracted cat flu off a feral cat that was hanging around. All their vaccinations were up to date), do you think I would be putting my buns more at risk by putting them on the grass? Thank you.

Back