• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Not good news for Xena. Chronic liver disease advice needed.

I don't know if this link works but I spent all day with my Mam gutting the spare room and moving Xena in there. She is very happy by the looks of it and has been happy flopping. I've been worried about her because she rarely flops out but I think she is actually genuinely happy.
https://imgur.com/gallery/W5GUC
https://imgur.com/gallery/mhwF4
https://imgur.com/gallery/uPZB3

It is perfect for her !! She looks very relaxed. If she is not deaf ,as many older lops are and it can also be an issue with 'EC Rabbits', then she may appreciate a radio being on at a gentle level when no-one is at home. Yes, I am sure there will be people reading that last remark and thinking :roll:

:D

It is perfect for her !! She looks very relaxed. If she is not deaf ,as many older lops are and it can also be an issue with 'EC Rabbits', then she may appreciate a radio being on at a gentle level when no-one is at home. Yes, I am sure there will be people reading that last remark and thinking :roll:

:D

I debated it but I do actually think she's a bit deaf. Whenever I've gone up to see to her and she's been asleep, I've been able to enter the room and take several pictures without a her reacting. I have to call her name and click at her pretty loudly for her to wake up!
I may be worrying for nothing but Ellie (bridge bun) used to flop and happy flop when she was poorly. Tbh, she seems fine in herself and is eating and drinking. I think that now she's on her own she's taking advantage of having some peace and quiet lol.
Shadowfax pretended to be dead the other day as well. Walked in and she didn't run over so I looked under the bed and she was laid on her side with the whites of her eyes showing. I nearly screamed, crawled under the bed and prodded her...she jumped up and gave me such a filthy look. Clearly they're all feel rather relaxed without the tension. Makes me feel awful for having them together. :(

Thanks guys. Only issue I have is that now she stamps at me and runs away when I go to see her! Little madam.

Us more seior Does do have our diva moments :D

Oh yes. She's become very territorial over her foot stool again haha. I guess without the other two to bully, she's decided to pick on me. I've had to let my parents know not to put their hands near her when she's sat under her stool. She's such a madam!
This morning Shadowfax was binkying about. I am so glad I made the right decision to separate them!

Oh yes. She's become very territorial over her foot stool again haha. I guess without the other two to bully, she's decided to pick on me. I've had to let my parents know not to put their hands near her when she's sat under her stool. She's such a madam!
This morning Shadowfax was binkying about. I am so glad I made the right decision to separate them!

You are in tune with all of them, so you knew what they needed xx

Thanks guys. Yes, Jane, I knew in my heart of hearts that it was going to be permanent. I had lots of people telling me to try a rebond but I just knew it wasn't going to happen. My parents wanted me to rebond them but even they can see how happy they all are now. She's currently happily gnawing on an apple stick. Her meds should be here tomorrow or Tues so hopefully they'll help her. X

Thanks guys. Yes, Jane, I knew in my heart of hearts that it was going to be permanent. I had lots of people telling me to try a rebond but I just knew it wasn't going to happen. My parents wanted me to rebond them but even they can see how happy they all are now. She's currently happily gnawing on an apple stick. Her meds should be here tomorrow or Tues so hopefully they'll help her. X

I hope so too :)

What a gorgeous room! :) Xena is such a lucky bunny to have you. :love:
I'm so glad she is doing better. :) Long may it continue! xxxx

You know your rabbits so well, I'm glad it's working out for you all. Xena looks very happy with her room, and rightly so, it looks lovely:love:

Back