Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TIMOTHYHAY.CO.UK back in stock!

Quote Originally Posted by roxyroller88 View Post
    Bea says that you are all in for a treat

Thank you Bea

Just keep on at me now until I've placed the order

How long does hay stay fresh for if opened and stored in a garage? We're going to have two dwarf lops soon (how long would it last them?),

Not sure whether to get 20kg or 10kg (or a 20kg and a 10kg if it lasts for ages)!

I'm contemplating buying some - I stay about a half hour drive away so can pick it up to save money (the place I usually buy my bales from is the same length of drive in another direction although it comes from the same area as timothyhay.co.uk!). Hoping my bunnies think it lives up to the hype

Alpha Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrules334 View Post
    How long does hay stay fresh for if opened and stored in a garage? We're going to have two dwarf lops soon (how long would it last them?),

Not sure whether to get 20kg or 10kg (or a 20kg and a 10kg if it lasts for ages)!
    It keeps fine for several months in our garage. We use hay in the hay rack and litter tray and 10kg will last us four to six weeks

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Casco View Post
    I'm contemplating buying some - I stay about a half hour drive away so can pick it up to save money (the place I usually buy my bales from is the same length of drive in another direction although it comes from the same area as timothyhay.co.uk!). Hoping my bunnies think it lives up to the hype

Yes, I reckon it does live up to the hype - so my buns demonstrate on a daily basis

However, I hope there's enough left ... I saw Horace ordered two bales recently!!

Alpha Buck

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    However, I hope there's enough left ... I saw Horace ordered two bales recently!!
    I hope TH still has some stock for when you order your bales, otherwise OH might need an extra lock on the garage

Quote Originally Posted by Horace the Bold View Post
    I hope TH still has some stock for when you order your bales, otherwise OH might need an extra lock on the garage

And so he might

Berkshire is, after all, not a million miles away

Warren Veteran

Well....I have to say I'm not so impressed with the hay this time. It's certainly not bad enough to complain, but I think I must just have been unlucky. It looks to me as though all the long, stalky stuff has been taken and this is what was remaining in the pile It's lovely and green and fresh, but it's short strands and soft, not stalky.

Unfortunately the rabbits think the same and whilst it's being eaten, it's clearly not being consumed with the same gusto

It won't put me off ordering from there again, but I will add a note next time that my rabbits prefer it long and stalky

Oh no
    It might be worth dropping them a message, I know you said that it's not worth complaining over but they are usually pretty good with this kinda stuff. I found a couple of tiny bugs in a bag of mine last year and they sent me another straight out
    I'm fundraising for Rabbit Rescue North West

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/rrnw

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by roxyroller88 View Post
    Oh no
    It might be worth dropping them a message, I know you said that it's not worth complaining over but they are usually pretty good with this kinda stuff. I found a couple of tiny bugs in a bag of mine last year and they sent me another straight out
    No, I don't think it's fair to say anything at this stage, as I would not want them to feel they needed to send me a replacement. I will definitely mention it next time I order though and ask if it's possible to make sure it's long and stalky. It's certainly acceptable to eat, it's just that my rabbits prefer it to be like it usually is It's particularly a problem at the moment too because Yan is going through a horrendous moult and I would like him to keep eating a lot of hay.