• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Boey had gastro surgery today

He's a bit brighter and has eaten a bit more. He came downstairs by himself at his normal time.

a161ef872759efeb770300ed3329e501.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oh sweet boy, he's making such an effort :love:

I hope he continues to get well x

Thanks all. Need him all fixed and well! They are both sulking under 2 different trees in the garden post the vet visit

It was a good 3 hours of sulking today haha. We baked them some bunny biscuits which seem to have helped them forgive us. Even boeys eaten 1

10677a4956384f6e44f053ae9c4182ff.jpg

They look delicious :D

The lengths we go to for our bunnies :roll:

It was a good 3 hours of sulking today haha. We baked them some bunny biscuits which seem to have helped them forgive us. Even boeys eaten 1

10677a4956384f6e44f053ae9c4182ff.jpg

What lucky little bunnies to have such a dedicated owner!

Hes all good. Currently sulking but is eating and pooing. Out of interest how much do you pay for dentals?

We paid 300 today which seems crazy for a dau treatment dental

Hes all good. Currently sulking but is eating and pooing. Out of interest how much do you pay for dentals?

That seems immense as a vet's bill.

My vet who uses anaesthesia for dentals usually charges about £80 - £100 and then gives the choice of paying extra for fluids.

I often use a vet who does 'conscious dentals' - no anaesthetic risk and no recovery time - and it's the cost of a normal consult, so £35 - £40

For Bracken who had a dental with anaesthetic included, the cost on 8th June was £53.91p. I think you are being grossly overcharged.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

BTW glad to hear he's all good :thumb:

I hope he might tuck into a biscuit or two this evening?

Back