• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have I goofed o mathematicians???!!!!

luvabun

Warren Veteran
OK, I've ordered a 20kg sack of Allen & Page pellets.. (couldn't get it in a smaller size as its not like buying from a pet shop). I have 2 rabbits so at the recommended 50g a day, is it really going to take me 2000 days to get through this stuff :?: :oops: :?: If so, its going to be well past its sell buy date so I may be looking to offload some in my area.

Jill

Where do you live, Jill? If you're anywhere near me, I'll have them!

Have thought once or twice about having a "Hampshire Food Exchange" as I can get some rabbit foods at trade price, although not having any transport doesn't help! Others I can get, cheaper than at pet shops, from local farm stores.

If I could get this going, I'd be able to supply smaller quantities of some foods at low prices... I've usually got open bags of Burgess Excel and Rabbit Royale for my own currant machines :)

Just need someone local to take me to the farm shops now & again!

Pendragon said:
Where do you live, Jill? If you're anywhere near me, I'll have them!

Now, now no kidnapping bunnies allowed!!! :lol:

umm 50g = 0.05kg

20kg/0.05 = 400 days supply

Is that right? Still over a years supply though!

Tam

Thanks guys, I'll check the sell by date but 200 days shouldn't be too bad. secondly I live close to Bracknell so I guess to far to share food with Portsmouth.

Jill

I thought your suposed to use food up within 30 days?

I had been recommended some barley straw at a farm by me, very cheap @ £2 but very big and I was going to share some out in Hampshire. Apparently its so great the bunnies eat it!!! Well we will see, I don't get the bigger car till next week.

Back