• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boyl's rabbit kennel and run.

sarah4fire

New Kit
I have just a 6x2 hutch at the moment and put bunny comes in the house to play every day. We don't put her outside to much because her run is just pannels and not fully secure for predatures. She also gets quote scared and i think she is aware of the exposure.
We are going to be bonding her and as it's not ideal her being in the house all of the time and it's not ideal her stuck in the hitch all of the time the best option we thought is a kennel and run.it will have Fox proof panneling it will be 12x6 foot in floor space. I can shut them in at night and the run will have a roof and the whole thing will have a floor to it.
I wondered others experienced of them. How secure will they be from stoats and even badgers and if it's best to opt in for the back part of the run to have a walk or to leave the run fully open?
Also with the size of our garden are we best keeping it up near the house like our hutch? Or as it's all very secure is it safe to place it down the bottom of the garden?
What are others experiences of them?

Thank you for the input and help

Back