Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bit of stasis advice please! U/D It's come back...

How's Billy doing this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    How's Billy doing this morning?
    He's eaten some pellets and hay, but not at full appetite yet... He and Poppy had a massive fight though, poor Poppy is very shaken. Billy gets very aggressive/territorial when he's ill. They're in time-out now (separate rooms) and Billy got a dose of Metacam.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniC View Post
    He's eaten some pellets and hay, but not at full appetite yet... He and Poppy had a massive fight though, poor Poppy is very shaken. Billy gets very aggressive/territorial when he's ill. They're in time-out now (separate rooms) and Billy got a dose of Metacam.

Sorry to hear you've had to separate. Poor buns. Poor you!

When do you think you'll get them together again?

We have let them back together for a little while now - any hint of another squabble and I'll keep them apart for a few days.

We went through this at Christmas, it took 4 weeks to get them to be friends again he's nothing like as ill this time at least.

Billy is tummy pressing and refusing treats again, I think his stasis is back

Again, he ate breakfast no problem, but he's got that slightly deranged look in his eye that I associate with pain, and is lying down flat at every chance. He's only been like this for 30 mins, but I'm going to get him to the vet, just waiting on a call back.

Sending vibes for Billy x

Billy is tummy pressing and refusing treats again, I think his stasis is back

Again, he ate breakfast no problem, but he's got that slightly deranged look in his eye that I associate with pain, and is lying down flat at every chance. He's only been like this for 30 mins, but I'm going to get him to the vet, just waiting on a call back.

Oh no, so sorry!

Will the vet check his teeth? I can't remember if that might be an issue for him?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Oh no, so sorry!

Will the vet check his teeth? I can't remember if that might be an issue for him?
    They only checked his belly last week, nothing else. He's moulting a lot at the moment, I suspect that's the reason.

They only checked his belly last week, nothing else. He's moulting a lot at the moment, I suspect that's the reason.

Is he eating plenty of fibre? Fibafirst sticks are high in fibre if he's gone off hay.

Fresh leafy greens, all wet? Lots of moisture, fresh leafies and fibre ......

I hope he's OK x

Warren Veteran

Sending loads of vibes for Billy. What a worry these rabbits can be!