• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bit of stasis advice please! U/D It's come back...

Just a little update: Billy is at the point of eating if it's really exciting. Herby hay, 1 or 2 pellets and herbs.

I think I'll give the vet a ring, because I'll run out of emeprid and fibreplex after today, and he might need to be medicated for a bit longer.

I am glad Billy has improved to the point of eating and is on the path to a full recovery. You and I think alike in wanting to continue medications a bit longer. It sounds like it will not be long before he is back to normal. Sending you and Billy some more positive vibes.

He's eaten a few pellets now, and there were lots more poos this morning. I'll continue medicine until Friday and take another view then.

We've got a loud music festival opposite us this weekend, I'm getting nervous it'll stress him out again.

I'm glad the news is still good about Billy. I hope the loud music isn't stressful for him at the weekend.

He's eaten a few pellets now, and there were lots more poos this morning. I'll continue medicine until Friday and take another view then.

We've got a loud music festival opposite us this weekend, I'm getting nervous it'll stress him out again.

I'm glad things are looking up :)

I don't know where you are, but it's stifling hot here. Having to keep windows closed because of noise is not a pleasant thing to do. I hope he's much better by then and it isn't too obtrusive

I'm glad things are looking up :)

I don't know where you are, but it's stifling hot here. Having to keep windows closed because of noise is not a pleasant thing to do. I hope he's much better by then and it isn't too obtrusive

Not very warm here, it's still cold and wet! Probably best for Billy.

Thanks for everyone's help by the way, I keep forgetting to say (sleep deprived :lol:)

Billy has his usual gusto with food, but I feel like he's still lying down more stretched out than normal. His poos look a little bit squidgy and mishapen too.

I don't know if he should go back to the vet - what do you think? Is loose poo just a sign he can stop his medicine?

Billy has his usual gusto with food, but I feel like he's still lying down more stretched out than normal. His poos look a little bit squidgy and mishapen too.

I don't know if he should go back to the vet - what do you think? Is loose poo just a sign he can stop his medicine?

What meds is he still taking? Gut motility meds can do that to poos. If he doesn't seem 100% it might be an idea to keep going for another day? Can you call the vet tomorrow for advice?

How's that music - has it started yet?

(sorry for all the questions)

What meds is he still taking? Gut motility meds can do that to poos. If he doesn't seem 100% it might be an idea to keep going for another day? Can you call the vet tomorrow for advice?

How's that music - has it started yet?

(sorry for all the questions)

He's taking emeprid and fibreplex. I'll maybe call the vet if he's still off tomorrow.

The music isn't as loud as we thought it would be thankfully, sounds more like a car outside has it's volume up a bit high. We can't recognise any of the songs.

He's taking emeprid and fibreplex. I'll maybe call the vet if he's still off tomorrow.

The music isn't as loud as we thought it would be thankfully, sounds more like a car outside has it's volume up a bit high. We can't recognise any of the songs.

Did the vet give you any ranitidine? It works as milder gut motility agent and can be used over a longer period of time.

Glad the music's not too bothersome. My neighbours just had the builders in for a few weeks, and all I could hear was the thud of the bass. The songs were actually ones I would like, but the thudding bass on it's own was irritating :roll:

Did the vet give you any ranitidine? It works as milder gut motility agent and can be used over a longer period of time.

Glad the music's not too bothersome. My neighbours just had the builders in for a few weeks, and all I could hear was the thud of the bass. The songs were actually ones I would like, but the thudding bass on it's own was irritating :roll:

No, just the emiprid. I can ask about ranitidine if I speak to them tomorrow.

Yeah, bass sounds get frustrating. Mostly the vibration. We were sort of hoping we could eavesdrop on the festival - free show! But it's better for the buns this way :)

No, just the emiprid. I can ask about ranitidine if I speak to them tomorrow.

Yeah, bass sounds get frustrating. Mostly the vibration. We were sort of hoping we could eavesdrop on the festival - free show! But it's better for the buns this way :)

How's things this morning?

Are you all OK? x

He seems ok today, and poos look a little firmer. I think I'll just watch him for another 24 hours.

I think we're still ok. It might sound strange, but Billy has always been a really nervous bunny. He seems more at ease with me now, more relaxed when I'm pestering him, which has me worried he's not quite right! No other signs of illness, but it feels off...

Back