• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need help!

my rabbit seems to be in trauma from today afternoon,my dog tried to catch him since he's been dragging his back legs,he just 17 days older lil bunny.i cannot afford to see vet right now..what do i do now suggest me something what medicine n home treatment i can do for that baby?:cry::cry:

Sorry to sound harsh, but you need to take him to the vets... Your little bunny is very likely to be in pain and needs urgent vet assistance!!

where are you based? Is he eating and passing poo at all?

my rabbit seems to be in trauma from today afternoon,my dog tried to catch him since he's been dragging his back legs,he just 17 days older lil bunny.i cannot afford to see vet right now..what do i do now suggest me something what medicine n home treatment i can do for that baby?:cry::cry:

No, I am not a fan of 'home remedies' in these circumstances. You must take him to a vet as soon as possible. At the very least, he is in pain.

So if you cannot afford to see a vet, you can contact the R.S.P.C.A., the P.D.S.A. or BLUE CROSS.

They all *will* help people who seriously cannot afford vet treatment for their animal.

I am really sorry to hear that your dog caught your rabbit and has hurt him.

Sadly, there is nothing that you can do yourself so as has already been stated, you must take him to a vet because if he is dragging his leg then your dog has done him some serious injury and he will be in lots of pain.

Without veterinary assistance and being in pain could in turn cause other problems including shock, and this all together could cause your rabbit to die.

Please get him to a vet today. You wouldn't like to be in terrible pain and not get medical help, and that is how you must think about your rabbit.

If your vet is a decent vet, then he or she should allow you make regular payments either on a weekly or monthly basis until the bill is paid. Could you perhaps ask another family member to help pay, however?

Good luck.

Back