• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple tree

Hi a friend of mine had a couple of apple trees which he has cut down in to lots of stumps. I have heard you can give rabbits sticks from apple trees to naw/ eat but I just wanted to double check that these stumps will be safe to put in for the buns so if they do have a nibble it won't harm them.
Many thanks Emma

Hi a friend of mine had a couple of apple trees which he has cut down in to lots of stumps. I have heard you can give rabbits sticks from apple trees to naw/ eat but I just wanted to double check that these stumps will be safe to put in for the buns so if they do have a nibble it won't harm them.
Many thanks Emma

Presuming they haven't been sprayed with pesticides, then yes absolutely! Rabbits love all parts of apple trees, leaves, thin twigs and large stumps :D I'm sure they will be very appreciative.

Many thanks Emma

Hi Emma :)

Yes they can eat all parts of the apple tree. Twigs, leaves, bark .. In fact at the mere mention of apple my rabbits have gone green with envy!

What a treat - and they can be dried if you get too many :)

Back