• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have I ruined it ??

Dollymix

Young Bun
So I had my male neutered a couple weeks back and I got him a female companion to keep him company, only she gets neutered next week I have let him go up to her cage , they are separated just for a sniff, I checked him today and he has a small patch off missing hair and a cut which I think she bit him , I know this is probably bc of hormones but I'm terrified that they won't bond properly after her neuter and I couldn't live with myself if anything happens to my boy , do you think they won't bond ( the cut is on his shoulder)

Last edited:
I'm sure they will be fine. You just need to wait around 6 weeks post spay before introducing them as you need to let the girl fully heal AND give her time to let her hormones settle down. Then make sure you introduce them somewhere COMPLETELY neutral that neither bunny has been before. I usually find a small space is best (ie. the bath tub as an example) as they have no room to run and chase - which often results in a nip or worse!

Come back for some help when you're ready to bond, although you'll find lots of pinned posts regarding bonding that will help you as well.

I'm sure they will be fine. You just need to wait around 6 weeks post spay before introducing them as you need to let the girl fully heal AND give her time to let her hormones settle down. Then make sure you introduce them somewhere COMPLETELY neutral that neither bunny has been before. I usually find a small space is best (ie. the bath tub as an example) as they have no room to run and chase - which often results in a nip or worse!

Come back for some help when you're ready to bond, although you'll find lots of pinned posts regarding bonding that will help you as well.

Do you think his cut will be okay ?? Will the hair grow back ??

So I had my male neutered a couple weeks back and I got him a female companion to keep him company, only she gets neutered next week I have let him go up to her cage , they are separated just for a sniff, I checked him today and he has a small patch off missing hair and a cut which I think she bit him , I know this is probably bc of hormones but I'm terrified that they won't bond properly after her neuter and I couldn't live with myself if anything happens to my boy , do you think they won't bond ( the cut is on his shoulder)

This is normal behaviour when hormones are raging. Particularly true of females, whether spayed or not.

I have experienced this and it doesn't affect the bonding.

Take him to the vet if the wound is deep or looks like it may become infected.

This is normal behaviour when hormones are raging. Particularly true of females, whether spayed or not.

I have experienced this and it doesn't affect the bonding.

Take him to the vet if the wound is deep or looks like it may become infected.

Thanks for the help , it's starting to scab up now and is starting to heal

Back