• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Low calcium water recommendations

HappyHop

Warren Scout
Can anyone recommend a bottled low calcium water for buns please.
i used to get Deeside from ocado but it is not in stock so need a back up.
Am pretty desperate.
Thank you

Can anyone recommend a bottled low calcium water for buns please.
i used to get Deeside from ocado but it is not in stock so need a back up.
Am pretty desperate.
Thank you

SarahP knows a good one. I can't remember what it is though!

Perhaps drop her a PM and then let us all know what it is :)

Yes, Deeside is still the lowest, but so hard to get. Tescos Ashbeck as mentioned is not much higher in calcium than Deeside (and way cheaper!), then after that you've got Volvic, just slightly higher again, but still low.

Thats great, thank you SO much guys.
Yes i have a bun with calcium sludge issues. Had it for a couple of years.
Now on low calcium diet. I live in a hard water area and have found changing the water to make a massive difference.
Didnt think to buy it direct from Deeside (postage is £9 for 2 boxes of £12):shock:
Thanks again

Thats great, thank you SO much guys.
Yes i have a bun with calcium sludge issues. Had it for a couple of years.
Now on low calcium diet. I live in a hard water area and have found changing the water to make a massive difference.
Didnt think to buy it direct from Deeside (postage is £9 for 2 boxes of £12):shock:
Thanks again

I just hoped that it would be very much cheaper per bottle to buy direct and this would offset the postage. Obviously not the case. I do get fed up with postal charges.

Yes but it doesn't get anywhere near as low as these low calcium bottled waters.

Oh poo! I thought I was giving one of my piggies low calcium water as I filter everything through a Brita filter jug. Perhaps I should start buying bottled water instead?

Oh poo! I thought I was giving one of my piggies low calcium water as I filter everything through a Brita filter jug. Perhaps I should start buying bottled water instead?

Yeah, I've still had piggies with stones even with the lowest calcium bottled waters, so I'll never risk anything any higher.

Speaking of filters, I just saw some different ones in Tescos but have forgotten the name already.

Back