Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disaster!

For covering the carpet if it's long term you could use a big bit of plywood with non slip vynil on top

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thanks guys. Joey&boo you are right. They are settled atm so I think I'll just have to cross bridges when I come to them instead of constantly worrying. I'll try my best! My parents aren't back until Sat and then they go away the following weekend again so I have a while before I need to worry about guests.
    The picnic idea is fab. So is the plywood, but the blanket is probably more practical since I'll probably have to make sure her accomodation is mobile in the future.
    Ugh. I felt awful leaving her downstairs last night. I'm so used to having them all in my room that it's difficult to know I can't just check on her throughout the night. Things have been much calmer now she has been removed. I really do feel that rebonding them is a bad idea. But I feel really horrible about her being alone. Arg. I wish I could get her a friend but that's not a good idea. I don't think she'll be around for that long and also she has proven to be very difficult to bond. Maybe she'd prefer being alone? I don't know.
    I had a rat who did almost this exact same thing. Bonded with two boys for about 6-8 months and then tried to castrate one of them. He then tried to kill the other so I had to keep him on his own. He was perfectly happy. He was a funny old chap, though.

Just a question. Do you think it's worth getting bloods etc done on Xena? Just to rule out anything else going on.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan_Bunny View Post
    Just a question. Do you think it's worth getting bloods etc done on Xena? Just to rule out anything else going on.
    What symptoms is she displaying ? When were they last done ?

Now you're asking. Umm, I think they were done end of 2015. I'd have to double check that. Her liver flagged up but this was a few weeks after her e.c episode and following up on urine tests seemed to rule out any serious disease but we thought that perhaps something was going on. Could have been stress related or damage from e.c.
    Atm she just seems skinny (she has struggled with her weight since her seizure).
    Her tummy has been very bad lately. Although, funnily enough, I'm thinking this might have been stress related. Since being in her cage she's not had those awful wet splats everywhere. She's had some wet, large poos but not as bad as before.
    My main concern is she just looks quite weak and wobbly. Now that she's on her own she is very quiet and seems to take a few minutes to realise I'm there. She doesn't have good eyesight but I just feel this is something else.
    Maybe I should wait? I've managed to set up a small pen attached to her cage so perhaps she'll perk up now she has more space?