Thread: Okay, what the heck?

Default Okay, what the heck?

I just pulled this out of the fur on Clara's tail.

I... I have no words. I don't understand how fur can work itself into a line like this? It didn't seem to be bothering her but it was quite a shock when I combed it out and the loose fur just kept coming like some magic trick. Has this ever happened to any of your rabbits? Clara has some really weird moulting patterns so I'm unsure whether I should check it out. I've been keeping an eye on her but there's nothing abnormal about her skin.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by naohren View Post

I... I have no words. I don't understand how fur can work itself into a line like this? It didn't seem to be bothering her but it was quite a shock when I combed it out and the loose fur just kept coming like some magic trick. Has this ever happened to any of your rabbits? Clara has some really weird moulting patterns so I'm unsure whether I should check it out. I've been keeping an eye on her but there's nothing abnormal about her skin.
    More fluffy Rabbits' fur can start to felt together at the base of the tail and his can lead to what looks like a fury blob or a fury string forming. To stop this happening daily grooming is necessary. Also, do double check that the skin is not damaged as Rabbit's skin is very delicate and easily torn as a felt of fur comes away.

I'll definitely check her today and see if it's damaged, though the fur seemed to come out pretty easily. I'll admit that I haven't been brushing them thoroughly as often as I'd like but I'm trying my best to keep up with it! I'm glad to hear that it's not too strange for this to happen - they're lionheads/dwarfs so they're a little fluffier around the edges. Thank you <3

Quote Originally Posted by naohren View Post

It looks extraordinary, doesn't it?

I have rarely had that happen, except with extremely fluffy ones. It's often difficult to keep on top of grooming, but now and again it's good to have a blitz as you've done, to check everything's OK with the skin underneath

I would get it checked my boy an indoor bun who at the time hadnt been out yet this year contracted mange! What the!!! Xeno is now the anti flea parasite mange and everything inbetween anti parasitic he is now on. Well him and ivy

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk