• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor sambuca ( do not read if easily upset )

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
bfe1b18ebf0ddebf32d3de51b13d7e32.jpg

This is Sambuca
He arrived earlier in the week after his owner advertised that she wanted him gone because he had started with head tilt .
She advertised him and his son together for £20

I knew she had previously lost a bunny to head tilt ( I had offered to take that one but it died )

So I took them in .

Well poor boy headtilt is the least of his worries .
[emoji29]
If she is to be believed he is around 3 1/2 yrs old
Yet he has severe end stage dental disease .
I sent him in for a dental ( risky because of his newly started head tilt , but couldn't be avoided ) and during the procedure most of his molars just crumbled and / or fell out .

His head tilt is getting worse and he is refusing to eat
He also has a runny eye

I don't believe these bunnies even know what hay is .. Even the little one doesn't eat it .

We will do our best for this little mite ... But vets prognosis isn't at all good .
Even if we get him eating he runs the risk of jaw abscesses .. And if he doesn't start to eat by him self soon then we may have to let him go .

I am so so angry .

While I was syringe feeding him at 10 pm last night I hope his old owner was enjoying herself out somewhere or having a cosy relaxing night in [emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I share your anger. Poor vulnerable soul :( Sending vibes that he may yet be able to experience some joy in life.

This is Sambuca
He arrived earlier in the week after his owner advertised that she wanted him gone because he had started with head tilt .

I knew she had previously lost a bunny to head tilt ( I had offered to take that one but it died )

So I took them in .

[emoji29]
I sent him in for a dental ( risky because of his newly started head tilt , but couldn't be avoided ) and during the procedure most of his molars just crumbled and / or fell out .

He also has a runny eye

I don't believe these bunnies even know what hay is .. Even the little one doesn't eat it .

We will do our best for this little mite ... But vets prognosis isn't at all good .
Even if we get him eating he runs the risk of jaw abscesses .. And if he doesn't start to eat by him self soon then we may have to let him go .

I am so so angry .

While I was syringe feeding him at 10 pm last night I hope his old owner was enjoying herself out somewhere or having a cosy relaxing night in [emoji35]

Oh Angie..................... :cry:

I continue to try to believe in Karma, Sambuca's previous owner will get their just deserts eventually.

Sending millions of vibes for the poor Bunny xx

This is Sambuca

So I took them in .

[emoji29]

He also has a runny eye

I am so so angry .

I am so sorry, and I would be angry too :(

Vibes for the little man. I hope he has some chance at happiness with you x

As a tilty bun mum this upsets me greatly :( They can go on to lead wonderful lives and they are certainly not disposable because of it. Despicable human. Thank you for taking him :(

Gosh. Poor bunny that passed away. Poor Sambuca and poor baby. And yet the ex-owner will probably feel no remorse. Thank goodness that you are there to care, even though in an ideal world it shouldn't be necessary. Thank you.

As a tilty bun mum this upsets me greatly :( They can go on to lead wonderful lives and they are certainly not disposable because of it. Despicable human. Thank you for taking him :(

I second this. Mimzy has been post tilt for over 5 years. So many people, my family and (some) vets included, told me to give up on him the first week. Only now, at age 10 +, am I thinking it is almost his time, but for other reasons than the angle of his head. Poor Sambuca and the other bunnies. I hope this witch gets what's coming to her and never gets another rabbit or any other animals for that matter...she obviously can't handle the responsibility. :evil:

Bless you, Angie. They are safe with you now, no matter the outcome...but I do hope for a miracle for them. xxxxxxxxxxx

Poor baby - I hope he surprises everyone & can pull it around. So she keeps replacing bunnies when they have health problems ?
Despicable

Very sad news I'm afraid

We had to help this brave boy over Rainbow bridge today [emoji29]

His mouth was a mess .
A huge ulcer ... A possible abcess starting and sore gums where the broken teeth were trying to grow back .

He had been doing so well ... But yesterday went downhill .
Was dehydrated and lost weight rapidly as he had no interest in food or drink .

Broke my heart but it had to be done [emoji22]

Last edited:
I'm so so sorry :( I saw this on fb, but didn't know his story until now :( poor poor boy, you did your very best for him, and he was at least with someone who loved him :( people like his previous owner make my blood boil :censored:
RIP gorgeous boy xxx

I'm so very sorry. I had so hoped he would be okay. But he knew love with you and that was very important. He was blessed to be cared for by you.

Sleep well, Sambuca. :cry:

Very sad news I'm afraid

We had to help this brave boy over Rainbow bridge today [emoji29]

His mouth was a mess .
A huge ulcer ... A possible abcess starting and sore gums where the broken teeth were trying to grow back .

He had been doing so well ... But yesterday went downhill .
Was dehydrated and lost weight rapidly as he had no interest in food or drink .

Broke my heart but it had to be done [emoji22]

Oh no, I am really sorry Angie :cry: But given all of his awful problems you have done the most compassionate thing for him. No matter how many times you have had to make 'the decision' for a very sick Rabbit I am certain that it never gets any easier for you. Many of us would not be able to keep going year after year coping with all that running a Rescue can involve, So often neglect caused by others leads to heartache for the person taking on the damaged Rabbit, on top of the suffering the previous neglect causes the Rabbit :cry:

RIP Sambuca, no more pain now xx

Sweet dreams Sambucca. At least he knew happiness in his time with you. I'm sorry for your loss xx

So very sorry, but you showed him so much love and care, which he had never recieved before in his little life. Sending hugs x

Back