Thread: Flystrike Season Warning-INCREASED RISK. Cross Posted From 'Health'

Wise Old Thumper

Default Flystrike Season Warning-INCREASED RISK. Cross Posted From 'Health'

Warren Veteran

A good reminder Flystrike must be so distressing

Mama Doe

So worried about it this year ��

Mama Doe

One pest I don't mind killing,I no longer have house rabbits,but I have a budgie,near the window,(not in direct sunlight).I have a back door that I leave open in nice weather and blue and green bottles often fly in.I move my budgie away and spray them as soon as I see them.I'm getting a new Syrian hammie soon too,so always vigilant to these pests.

Wise Old Thumper Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar

I have a new unopened bottle of fly guard for rabbits I bought for Mr Bennett. I special fly trap for the outdoor bunnies.

Sadly a friend of mine's bunny died on Friday night.....flystrike....visit to vets and bunny back home but more maggots hatching during the night...and who knows the extent of the internal damage. RIP George. xxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Bunnykins View Post
    Sadly a friend of mine's bunny died on Friday night.....flystrike....visit to vets and bunny back home but more maggots hatching during the night...and who knows the extent of the internal damage. RIP George. xxx
    Poor, poor bunny. So sad

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Warren Scout

It really is one of my worst nightmares, but I can highly recommend the electric tennis racket style fly zappers. The buns seem quite amused (possibly bemused) watching the stupid human practicing her backhand in the living room. I swear every time I open a window a fly thinks its an invitation to come in.

Mama Doe

My vet managed to shave Charlie as I couldn't get get his Matt's off from when he was leaking wee last week. He had sores and I felt so bad. But vet reassured me it was hard to get the fluff off as rabbits furr is particularly difficult. He put cream on now Fri I'm going back to get rearguard applied. Just because he's at higher risk. Still paranoid! I'm getting fly paper and net mesh for their hutch lol

Mama Doe

He is going to hate me this week!