Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you buy Sub Q fluids online ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by nickybunny1 View Post
    Max glad that link it useful as I wasn't 100% sure what I was looking at lol

Sky, my vet does supply them but I was just seeing if I could get cheaper. Thanks though .

Let me know when you find out if the concentration is the same as the one in the link you posted. I should think they are all much of a muchness, but I don't understand why you're able to buy from that company when everywhere else is POM

My 100ml bags are Aquapharm 0.9%w/v solution

0.9% Sodium chloride

Ion concentration in millimoles per litre
    Sodium 150, Chloride 150

I see the millimoles in the link I posted is different to what I have. But I would need to show the link to my vet to see what she says in a few weeks so will let you know what she says.
    Mum to Oliver.

Still spirit mum to my white cloud Lance who died in my arms on 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. So sorry we could not save u my princess . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Love u forever. Poor brave brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016.

My 100ml bags are Aquapharm 0.9%w/v solution

0.9% Sodium chloride

Ion concentration in millimoles per litre
    Sodium 150, Chloride 150

I see the millimoles in the link I posted is different to what I have. But I would need to show the link to my vet to see what she says in a few weeks so will let you know what she says.

Oh thank you

I guess as it is though it would be fine for nebulising. Save making a solution up each time

Happy days then Max !! I take it you have a wee snuffly bun at the minute? ?
    Mum to Oliver.

Still spirit mum to my white cloud Lance who died in my arms on 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. So sorry we could not save u my princess . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Love u forever. Poor brave brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016.

Happy days then Max !! I take it you have a wee snuffly bun at the minute? ?

Sending vibes for your wee poorly one and hugs for you. I hope the nebulising helps your wee one x
    Mum to Oliver.

22 August 2016.

Alpha Buck

I would get a prescription from your vet, fluids are a prescribed drug.
    Would help make sure you purchase the correct ones, as there are many different types of fluids and some may be contraindicated x

Thanks Flo, my vet gave me the 500ml bags and said they can be used up to 10 days as long as clean needles used each time. So that makes things a bit cheaper now.
    Mum to Oliver.

22 August 2016.

MM for nebulising I buy small (20ml I think) individual pods of saline which are designed for wound cleaning etc. They're perfect and very easy to store and use.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    MM for nebulising I buy small (20ml I think) individual pods of saline which are designed for wound cleaning etc. They're perfect and very easy to store and use.

Thank you Santa

I just had a look and sterile pods do come in 20ml.