Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you buy Sub Q fluids online ? ?

Default Can you buy Sub Q fluids online ? ?

Just wondering if sub q fluids can be bought online - just trying to see if they can be got any cheaper than my vet. Oliver is now getting 50ml 3 times a week for his bladder sludge. I think the extra is helping. Going from fluids twice a week to 3 times. I pay 5 ish for 100ml bags but it could be more cost effective now to use 500ml bag at 6.59. Can a 250ml bag be got ?? Thanks
    Mum to Oliver.

Still spirit mum to my white cloud Lance who died in my arms on 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. So sorry we could not save u my princess . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Love u forever. Poor brave brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by nickybunny1 View Post
    Just wondering if sub q fluids can be bought online - just trying to see if they can be got any cheaper than my vet. Oliver is now getting 50ml 3 times a week for his bladder sludge. I think the extra is helping. Going from fluids twice a week to 3 times. I pay 5 ish for 100ml bags but it could be more cost effective now to use 500ml bag at 6.59. Can a 250ml bag be got ?? Thanks

I don't believe you can Nicky, unless you have a prescription from your vet.

How's the Bead doing? xx

Your Vet would need to give you a prescription to obtain it online

https://www.viovet.co.uk/Vetivex_Sol...LuGxoCGVTw_wcB

http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Aqupharm-...fo/AQUAPHARM1/

Hi Max

I know I need to check what the concentration of fluids I gave but saw this place selling fluids - obviously I would double check with my vet before ordering . A prescription is a possible route also . https://www.swallowdental.co.uk/free...oride-0-9.html

The Bead is bright - thanks for asking and a bit more lively but still spotting though I think it's reduced a bit. He does loaf when he sleeps and I haven't noticed any tooth grinding, so I think the fluids are making him more comfortable for now (if bun was uncomfortable would he still loaf sleep??). I think he probably does have sludge build up but I don't think a flush is appropriate immediately but in the very near future. It's difficult to decide when exactly that is. He is due a check up for his ear at start of July so if he is still ok until then I will get a full check over done also and check for infection in his urine.. We will bring him down on a morning incase a flush is needed then.
    Mum to Oliver.

Still spirit mum to my white cloud Lance who died in my arms on 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. So sorry we could not save u my princess . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Love u forever. Poor brave brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016.

You can get 250ml bags.
    Just note, once opening fluids are recommended to be discarded of after 3 days. Especially if they are being pierced multiple times during that period.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi Max

I know I need to check what the concentration of fluids I gave but saw this place selling fluids - obviously I would double check with my vet before ordering . A prescription is a possible route also . [url]https://www.swallowdental.co.uk/freeflex-sterile-saline-sodium-chloride-0-9.html[/url]

The Bead is bright - thanks for asking and a bit more lively but still spotting though I think it's reduced a bit. He does loaf when he sleeps and I haven't noticed any tooth grinding, so I think the fluids are making him more comfortable for now (if bun was uncomfortable would he still loaf sleep??). I think he probably does have sludge build up but I don't think a flush is appropriate immediately but in the very near future. It's difficult to decide when exactly that is. He is due a check up for his ear at start of July so if he is still ok until then I will get a full check over done also and check for infection in his urine.. We will bring him down on a morning incase a flush is needed then.

Nicky, you're amazing - that would be so good to buy for nebulising!

Yes I'm sure you're keeping him well comfortable, that Bead

It's only a couple of weeks till July. The time's flying by, isn't it?

Thanks Jane for those links, hyper drug looks cheaper and would mean saving about 1 a week at least if I factor in the prescription charge. Every bit helps.

Daphnephobe, yes understand multiple piercing issue though I use a clean needle each time . My current bags are only opened for a max of 4 days. Think I read somewhere that fluids can keep opened up to 7 days . Also read people using same bag for up to 2 weeks !! No way 2 weeks.
    Mum to Oliver.

22 August 2016.

Thanks Jane for those links, hyper drug looks cheaper and would mean saving about 1 a week at least if I factor in the prescription charge. Every bit helps.

Daphnephobe, yes understand multiple piercing issue though I use a clean needle each time . My current bags are only opened for a max of 4 days. Think I read somewhere that fluids can keep opened up to 7 days . Also read people using same bag for up to 2 weeks !! No way 2 weeks.
    7 days would be reasonable.
    Would be worth getting surgical spirit and wiping the port with a spirit swab after and before each use.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

I get 1litre bags from my vets which are around 11. That may be anorher option.

ETA- That might be too big for you though.
    Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Please feel free to visit my therapy website and also my Professional Facebook page and Blog. You might find something interesting there!

Max glad that link it useful as I wasn't 100% sure what I was looking at lol

Sky, my vet does supply them but I was just seeing if I could get cheaper. Thanks though .
    Mum to Oliver.

22 August 2016.