• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you buy Sub Q fluids online ? ?

nickybunny1

Mama Doe
Just wondering if sub q fluids can be bought online - just trying to see if they can be got any cheaper than my vet. Oliver is now getting 50ml 3 times a week for his bladder sludge. I think the extra is helping. Going from fluids twice a week to 3 times. I pay £5 ish for 100ml bags but it could be more cost effective now to use 500ml bag at £6.59. Can a 250ml bag be got ?? Thanks

Just wondering if sub q fluids can be bought online - just trying to see if they can be got any cheaper than my vet. Oliver is now getting 50ml 3 times a week for his bladder sludge. I think the extra is helping. Going from fluids twice a week to 3 times. I pay £5 ish for 100ml bags but it could be more cost effective now to use 500ml bag at £6.59. Can a 250ml bag be got ?? Thanks

I don't believe you can Nicky, unless you have a prescription from your vet.

How's the Bead doing? xx

Your Vet would need to give you a prescription to obtain it online

https://www.viovet.co.uk/Vetivex_So...-MVVYOFUJOJbByI12E4SZ3uUdex4DZCLuGxoCGVTw_wcB

http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Aqupharm-No-11-Solution-for-Infusion/productinfo/AQUAPHARM1/

Hi Max

I know I need to check what the concentration of fluids I gave but saw this place selling fluids - obviously I would double check with my vet before ordering . A prescription is a possible route also . https://www.swallowdental.co.uk/freeflex-sterile-saline-sodium-chloride-0-9.html

The Bead is bright :D - thanks for asking and a bit more lively but still spotting though I think it's reduced a bit. He does loaf when he sleeps and I haven't noticed any tooth grinding, so I think the fluids are making him more comfortable for now (if bun was uncomfortable would he still loaf sleep??). I think he probably does have sludge build up but I don't think a flush is appropriate immediately but in the very near future. It's difficult to decide when exactly that is. He is due a check up for his ear at start of July so if he is still ok until then I will get a full check over done also and check for infection in his urine.. We will bring him down on a morning incase a flush is needed then.

You can get 250ml bags.
Just note, once opening fluids are recommended to be discarded of after 3 days. Especially if they are being pierced multiple times during that period.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi Max

I know I need to check what the concentration of fluids I gave but saw this place selling fluids - obviously I would double check with my vet before ordering . A prescription is a possible route also . [B]https://www.swallowdental.co.uk/...s till July. The time's flying by, isn't it?

Thanks Jane for those links, hyper drug looks cheaper and would mean saving about £1 a week at least if I factor in the prescription charge. Every bit helps.

Daphnephobe, yes understand multiple piercing issue though I use a clean needle each time . My current bags are only opened for a max of 4 days. Think I read somewhere that fluids can keep opened up to 7 days . Also read people using same bag for up to 2 weeks !! No way 2 weeks.

Thanks Jane for those links, hyper drug looks cheaper and would mean saving about £1 a week at least if I factor in the prescription charge. Every bit helps.

Daphnephobe, yes understand multiple piercing issue though I use a clean needle each time . My current bags are only opened for a max of 4 days. Think I read somewhere that fluids can keep opened up to 7 days . Also read people using same bag for up to 2 weeks !! No way 2 weeks.
7 days would be reasonable.
Would be worth getting surgical spirit and wiping the port with a spirit swab after and before each use.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I get 1litre bags from my vets which are around £11. That may be anorher option.

ETA- That might be too big for you though.

Max glad that link it useful as I wasn't 100% sure what I was looking at lol

Sky, my vet does supply them but I was just seeing if I could get cheaper. Thanks though .

Max glad that link it useful as I wasn't 100% sure what I was looking at lol

Sky, my vet does supply them but I was just seeing if I could get cheaper. Thanks though .

Let me know when you find out if the concentration is the same as the one in the link you posted. I should think they are all much of a muchness, but I don't understand why you're able to buy from that company when everywhere else is POM :?

My 100ml bags are Aquapharm 0.9%w/v solution

0.9% Sodium chloride

Ion concentration in millimoles per litre
Sodium 150, Chloride 150

I see the millimoles in the link I posted is different to what I have. But I would need to show the link to my vet to see what she says in a few weeks so will let you know what she says.

My 100ml bags are Aquapharm 0.9%w/v solution

0.9% Sodium chloride

Ion concentration in millimoles per litre
Sodium 150, Chloride 150

I see the millimoles in the link I posted is different to what I have. But I would need to show the link to my vet to see what she says in a few weeks so will let you know what she says.

Oh thank you :)

I guess as it is though it would be fine for nebulising. Save making a solution up each time :)

I would get a prescription from your vet, fluids are a prescribed drug.
Would help make sure you purchase the correct ones, as there are many different types of fluids and some may be contraindicated x

Thanks Flo, my vet gave me the 500ml bags and said they can be used up to 10 days as long as clean needles used each time. So that makes things a bit cheaper now.

MM for nebulising I buy small (20ml I think) individual pods of saline which are designed for wound cleaning etc. They're perfect and very easy to store and use.

MM for nebulising I buy small (20ml I think) individual pods of saline which are designed for wound cleaning etc. They're perfect and very easy to store and use.

Thank you Santa :)

I just had a look and sterile pods do come in 20ml.

:thumb:

Back