• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Continental Giants

mokwa32

Alpha Buck
I'm thinking of getting a continental giant buck to bond to Belle. Im going to view the 3 month old babies tomorrow. Just wondering if there are any continental giant owners that can share this breed specific information on temperament needs or health. Can you share photos please?

He will live indoors with us until neutered before bonding.

Thank you.

Ive got a continental giant, he is 5 months old. He is truly remarkable.... very quick to learn, litter trained from day one, very friendly and approachable. He really doesn't like being picked up but of 6 rabbits I own I can only really pick 2 up, the others don't really like being picked up. I love all of my bunnies but I have a soft spot for this breed and would definitely stick to them from now on. You wont go far wrong with a giant!!

They need a LOT of space. The contis I have met have all been fairly confident, friendly and very very food oriented. A couple of them also reminded me a bit of bulldozers, why go round something when you can go through it?

Also naughtiness to match their size, we had to buy the biggest ceramic dog bowl that pets at home had as she could flip even our biggest casserole dish filled with water so we needed something big and heavy with no lips she could grab before she flooded the house, she emptied out at least 4 bowls onto the floor each with more water in it than the last before we gave up and had out emergency trip to the pet shop. The lady at the checkout asked if we had a Great Dane... erm, no, not quite!

My big bunny is gorgeous, loving, a bit naughty, a big foodie, loves cuddles, owns the house (sofas, beds, every room etc etc). I wouldn't be without him. He was hard work when young though and yes, he can barge most things out of the way at 8+ kg. :lol:

I have 2 conti giants. Absolutely love them as a breed. My almost 7 year old male was a cheeky youngster, he's still really naughty but also the most cuddly bunny you could ask for.
My 1 year old doe is similar, really clever and cheeky but does enjoy a snuggle too.
I have a 3 year old and they are both great with her.

My dad is looking to retire from his job shortly and this just shows how mad my family are! He's requested his retirement gift to be a continental giant bunny! He's already said that he's wants it from a rescue so when the time comes I may come asking for sugestions - sorry for hi-jacking your thread xx

So I'm also keen to find out about Giants, we've never had one before but my dads looked after bunnies for over 20 years and is already exited! :) from all the comments above, there temperament sound amazing and sure they'll fit in great! Xx

Last edited:
I think tameside rabbit rescue has some contis in at the moment

Here http://www.tamesiderabbitandguineapigrescue.info/listing/giant-continental-babies/

Last edited:
It's been great reading all these posts. Thank you. We did it. We got our bunny but he us a cross. His mum was a Brittish Giant so I have no idea what size he will grow too. He is beautiful. If I knew how to post a picture i would.

It's been great reading all these posts. Thank you. We did it. We got our bunny but he us a cross. His mum was a Brittish Giant so I have no idea what size he will grow too. He is beautiful. If I knew how to post a picture i would.

Aww would lo e to see his photo, try Signing up to somewhere like tinypics

Back